TRF Unofficial calendar: Official nomination thread!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That's right boys and girls! It's time to start nominating your favorite rocket shots for the TRF Calendar mentioned a few months back. I feel that most of the major launches have occurred, and we can't wait any longer if we want to have these by 2013.

Here's the rules:
1) Nominate a picture and specify the month.
2) Each user may nominate no more than five pictures, and no more than one per month.
3) You must have expressed permission from the photographer to use their photo in the calendar.
4) Give credit of photos to the photographers!
5) All nominations must be submitted by Sunday, November 18th, 2012
6) There are no restrictions on impulse, it can be anything from a MicroMaxx and up is welcome!
7) Feel free to nominate shots of catos and other failures. If nobody wants them on their calendar, they will be voted out by the masses!
8) The pictures must be from 2012.

The Nominations will be taken and put into polls for the TRF Community to vote on. The winners of the polls will be put in the calendar, so choose your nominations wisely!

Also, as far as launches to be included in the Calendar, this is what I have so far:
LDRS,NSL,NARAM,NARCON,AIRfest, Midwest Power, Freedom Launch, and ROCstock. Please feel free to make suggestions as to what launches should be included.

Depending on orders, the calendars are going to be between $15 and $20, with shipping included.

Now, let's see some pictures!

Braden

One of the ones my little brother took at Hellfire 17.
N10,000 Vmax tearing up the salt.
DSC02250+-+Version+3.jpg
You can email me for a full res picture.

August.

Alex

Last edited:
I think it would be cool to make a collage of pictures from a certain event.

For instance in September was XPRS so a set of 5-10 pictures from XPRS would be cool.

Just a thought.

It was suggested that I submit this photo of my recent cato. This photo was taken November 4th, 2012 by me. I have the original high resolution photo available.

June would be cool, but it doesn't really matter.

34.jpg

Last edited:
That's right boys and girls! It's time to start nominating your favorite rocket shots for the TRF Calendar mentioned a few months back.

Are you looking for photos in landscape or portrait orientation?

-- Roger

This was back in september at the TTRA launch. My rocket and picture taken by me. May is my birth date so that would be a good place for mine if it makes it.

Attachments

• SAM_0109.JPG
    SAM_0109.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Not nearly as big a rocket as most of these others, but I figure, why not? It's kind of a neat picture, and at the very least a bunch of people will see it in this thread. ;)
QCC Explorer liftoff E9 1.jpg
My Estes QCC Explorer on an Estes E9. Photo taken at the July TTRA launch by my Dad. Also, notice the dragonfly on top of the rod; for some reason they love pad 4, and apparently dragonflies aren't real quick learners. :rolleyes:
Oh and yes, the rocket does have decals. They just seem to be turned away in every single liftoff shot of this rocket no matter how it is placed on the pad. :bang:

here is one from April? i think..
my 9yr old pushing the button on his Talon 2

6871323518_96da40fc3d_b.jpg

I guess I should have been more specific. The pictures don't have to be from a specific month. You can nominate any picture you want. I was asking everyone to specify what month they would like to see the rocket on!

As far as a collage goes, If you want to put one together and nominate that, I'd say go for it!

Braden

Maybe I have a chance?!? ( :

All pictures are mine, you may use,
All are Scratch Built, except for the esters Saturn V and Guardian.

Oh, and the dates are in the pictures...(is that good or bad!), and launches were at a local baseball field.

rocktet 063.jpg

rocktet 054.jpg

rockets+cousins 029.jpg

Last edited:
I know that thunderstruck will likely bring some good flights. But I don't think these will be out in time if we put it off any longer...

Braden

Thunderstruck 2012,from last april silly boy!! You failed to mention in your OP,no sweat. We all knew you meant to.

Definitely need a Saturn... (July would be appropriate)

SV531.jpg

SV530.jpg

SV522.jpg

SV501.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to submit this photo of yesterday's launch of my YouBee:

For February ... since no one else would pick the shortest month ....

-- Roger

Last edited:
Back