TRF Stats Page

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So?

Have you ever worked with someone from India? Have you ever spoken with anyone from there? You might find that there are some people there substantially smarter than you.

So?

Have you ever worked with someone from India? Have you ever spoken with anyone from there? You might find that there are some people there substantially smarter than you.

How did you take that away from what he posted? My first thought was Spambots, not low IQ beggars in New Delhi.:eyeroll:

Yes, India has a very good real rocket program in ISRO, but virtually no model rocketry at all. Mr. Pratham Ambla has been working tirelessly for years promoting model rocketry in India, does school launches and public seminars, all without access to the kinds of rocket supplies and motors we take for granted here. He holds workshops, organizes competitions, and is very much the G. Harry Stine of India. Much of what Pratham does is with water rockets, or by converting fireworks into black powder rockets. Although India does not have a national team, Pratham participates when he can at the World Spacemodeling Championships and has participated here in the US at FAI events like the Great Lakes Cup. Last summer Pratham led a group of 11 Indian students to NARAM where they spent the week building rockets and competing with the help of NAR trustee John Hochheimer. It was huge fun having them there. So, no, there is no huge group of Indian rocketeers secretly lurking on TRF. But there are some truly wonderful people in India who love model rockets.

Steve

pratham1.jpg

pratham2.jpg

pratham3.jpg

pratham4.jpg

pratham5.jpg

Gus, great posting, thx for opening our eyes on India amateur rocketry, lovely people and childrens indeed.

BTW, does anyone know any similar activities in China? I know they have very advanced aerospace students and universities but I still miss amateur rocketry organizations similar to ours. Anyone having a clue?

Denis

Gus, great posting, thx for opening our eyes on India amateur rocketry, lovely people and childrens indeed.

BTW, does anyone know any similar activities in China? I know they have very advanced aerospace students and universities but I still miss amateur rocketry organizations similar to ours. Anyone having a clue?

Denis

I know that a most, if not all, of my Estes products have made in Guangdong China on them somewhere. I know that Sky (sold through Apogee) is also Chinese, so I suspect there's a presence there.

That said, I'm hoping that there's a big presence there, as I'm a little more than a year out from moving to TW or China (Lord Willing) to teach.

I know that a most, if not all, of my Estes products have made in Guangdong China on them somewhere. I know that Sky (sold through Apogee) is also Chinese, so I suspect there's a presence there.

That said, I'm hoping that there's a big presence there, as I'm a little more than a year out from moving to TW or China (Lord Willing) to teach.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=60837

https://urlm.co/www.rocketryforum.com
Look at where 29% of the visitors come from...

BTW, you realize that none of the "website statistics" sites are accurate, don't you?

Those sites are all dependent upon external cookies and other bits feeding them information. There's a myriad variety of reasons why they're inaccurate, due to them not working.

The only statistics even close to accurate are those collected by the site itself, and unless the site operator makes the data public, you won't be able to see it.

I used to periodically check some of the sites like you're referring. Surprise, surprise, they never matched the data I had access to.

-Kevin

Back