The view from your office

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I normally drive by this area (in north central Washington state) at night. But with the longer days, it is nice to see what the surrounding countryside looks like in the light. This large portion of this area is apple orchards, but what I find interesting is the satellite dishes. I Goggled for information about the dish farm seen in the background. There are more than 50 dishes at this location, used for a variety of uses--DOD, GPS and news feeds, etc. I personally think there is an extra-terrestrial tie-in due seeing a large number of "aliens" working in the surrounding orchards. đź‘˝
Apples & dishes.jpg

I personally think there is an extra-terrestrial tie-in due seeing a large number of "aliens" working in the surrounding orchards. đź‘˝

I would think that would be obvious :looks_around:

I did see my first "Osprey" aircraft today - damn near flew straight over my house - def a different sounding aircraft! :cool:

No windows where I work.
But we do have the Thomas Register in case there is an electromagnetic pulse.
Nothing in the room from this century.

View attachment 524190
Where's the line-shaft and the belts driving the lathes and drills? :) In any event, a well-equipped machine shop from the 1940s or thereabouts, and still capable of producing precision products to tight tolerances today.

A few more from my “office”

D714E066-3506-420D-A177-3FB21351F232.jpeg
Climbing out of JFK at dawn a week ago

5C04E014-2D1D-4E80-B34F-D0B17722EA93.jpeg
Looking north down Long Island, on departure from JFK at dawn.

82F658CA-8C79-4F89-9BEE-92CDF9F03B44.jpeg
Sunset in Fuzhou, China two weeks ago

F315540B-1F17-429D-A094-59853FDFA1F0.jpeg
My “Office”, N782CK, the last 747-400 to roll off the Boeing assembly line, sitting in LAX two evenings ago.

10E157B1-FD3E-4AB4-9C8E-82D23AD370A3.jpeg
And finally, my daughter’s rainbow kitty… whenever I head back out on my work rotations, I always ask my daughter to pick out a toy of hers for me to take with me. This last time, she gave me one of her favorite stuffies… this rainbow kitty. It’s a fun tradition that we started doing over a year ago, and it helps keep her involved in my job as well!

Attachments

• D94F8F2F-B33A-4A01-8EC9-01F6B1140721.jpeg
    D94F8F2F-B33A-4A01-8EC9-01F6B1140721.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
Backroads Omak 1.jpg

I had driven by these for a couple years, but usually in thew dark. It wasn't until I drove by in the daylight, I realized these are steel silhouettes of native american women working in the field. Totally unexpected as they are surrounded by hundreds (if not thousands) of undisturbed landscapes.
Backroads Omak 2.jpg

Hmmm........looks like the sun is shining bright somewhere.......wait an hour or so, and see if it improves.

First time I saw those was a real distracted-driver moment. Couldn't figure why those were there, specifically, from a review of agencies and organizations in the area.

Not my view today, but this past Sunday morning… landed in Los Angeles Saturday evening with no issues, and handed the aircraft off to our mechanics there to put the bird to bed for the night, came in at 0530 the next morning to get ready to depart to China, and walked out to a puddle of skydrol (hydraulic fluid) under the tail. Found the upper most actuator on the upper rudder to have a failed shaft seal. I had a new guy flying with me this past week for training… guess who got to go up in the basket and replace the actuator?
B9D77E60-A69A-42B3-B4CA-92D38AC46273.jpeg

A few years back, but the first photo was from the back seat of one of my offices. Fun little roadster. My offices lately are much fatter, but pay better, have much less stress, and let me have tons more time at home. Too lucky, for sure. Second photo is from my current office.

176FFA25-C0B6-48A8-ACF9-7E46DD22BD0A.jpeg0CF25291-1E70-40ED-81BA-71C30D866DA6.jpeg

Back