The Rokitflite USS Odyssey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
The Odyssey is here!

Kit features include:

Precut Tubes
Laser Cut HARD 3/32” Balsa Fins
Kevlar And Elastic Shock Cord Set Up
Pre Cut Red 18” Plastic Parachute & Shroud Lines
CD PDF Instructions With TONS Of Photographs
Full Color Packaging (Hey, I’m A Collector, I Like That!)
4 Nose Cones
Plastic & Resin Cast Parts
Full Color Water-Slide Decal Sheet

Kit length: 36.5”
Fin span: 9.75”
Diameter: .980”/.736”
Approx finished weight: 3.5-3.8 oz without motor
Motor requirements: B4-2, B6-2 (first flight), C6-3
1970s-80s Skill Level: 3
Nowadays Skill Level: 4

Price: $40 without lighting kit
$43 with lighting kit

Shipping For 1 Kit Via USPS Priority Mail Anywhere In The US $6.25. Please add $3 for each additional kit.

Payment methods accepted:
Paypal to [email protected] (ships immediately), USPS Money Order (ships immediately), Personal Check (Must wait 10 days to clear), Estes Original Trident

Shipping Begins Thursday July 28th!

Please email me at [email protected] with any inquiries.

For more information about this kit visit this thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18036&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

ss4odyssey.jpg

Originally posted by rokitflite
The Odyssey is here!

Kit features include:

Precut Tubes
Laser Cut HARD 3/32” Balsa Fins
Kevlar And Elastic Shock Cord Set Up
Pre Cut Red 18” Plastic Parachute & Shroud Lines
CD PDF Instructions With TONS Of Photographs
Full Color Packaging (Hey, I’m A Collector, I Like That!)
4 Nose Cones
Plastic & Resin Cast Parts
Full Color Water-Slide Decal Sheet

Kit length: 36.5”
Fin span: 9.75”
Diameter: .980”/.736”
Approx finished weight: 3.5-3.8 oz without motor
Motor requirements: B4-2, B6-2 (first flight), C6-3
1970s-80s Skill Level: 3
Nowadays Skill Level: 4

Price: $40 without lighting kit
$43 with lighting kit

Shipping For 1 Kit Via USPS Priority Mail Anywhere In The US $6.25. Please add $3 for each additional kit.

Payment methods accepted:
Paypal to [email protected] (ships immediately), USPS Money Order (ships immediately), Personal Check (Must wait 10 days to clear), Estes Original Trident

Shipping Begins Thursday July 28th!

Please email me at [email protected] with any inquiries.

For more information about this kit visit this thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18036&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
I can recommend this kit very highly, and I wouldn't let the claimed "nowadays skill level 4" scare you at all. While the Odyssey is the most complicated model rocket kit I've ever built, if I can build this model, so can anyone else with opposable thumbs and a little patience.

Definitely visit the thread that Scott linked to, for assembly AND launch pictures as well as some descriptions of the build process.

Originally posted by JRThro
I can recommend this kit very highly, and I wouldn't let the claimed "nowadays skill level 4" scare you at all. While the Odyssey is the most complicated model rocket kit I've ever built, if I can build this model, so can anyone else with opposable thumbs and a little patience.

Definitely visit the thread that Scott linked to, for assembly AND launch pictures as well as some descriptions of the build process.

Ditto. This is a GREAT build. All it takes is a little patience, not something that I'm known for. Follow the instructions, which are EXCELLENT and incredibly detailed, then sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. I didn't find the build to be what I would consider a skill level four, which I would think means assembles with some difficulty. It looks daunting when you first bust the box, but the ease with which it assembles is very surprising, in large part due to the instructions. (Did I mention that they're excellent?)

DUH!

I forgot...

If you are paying by check or money order please send payment to:

Scott Branche
7904 Ashford Blvd
Laurel, MD 20707

And remember, if you were one of the folks with a pre-order the lighting kit is free on your first kit!

nah nah nah nah nah!

A couple of months ago I was over at Scotts house and saw the unfinished, finished and photo-ready models of the Odyssey...

It is the coolest model on the planet.

No, this is the coolest model on any planet readily accessible by interplanetary spaceship... which... oh yeah...the USS Odyssey is.

I saw it first! memememeememememe! :D

Latest posts

Back