The Potter Rocketeer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MClark

Reaction score
I just received an email with link to The Potter Rocketeer.
Signing up for LDRS I was put on the list.
Very nicely done.
Club and LDRS news, historical article with a kit review of a rocket related to historical. Plans for a rocket.
Reminds me of old model airplane magazines.

I just received an email with link to The Potter Rocketeer.
Signing up for LDRS I was put on the list.
Very nicely done.
Club and LDRS news, historical article with a kit review of a rocket related to historical. Plans for a rocket.
Reminds me of old model airplane magazines.

Thanks, I just read it all; every nice.

Here is our club's ; while not hosting an LDRS, has similar ideas:

https://cv41.org/newsletters/

I gotta admit that when I saw the title, I imagined a rocket made of fired ceramic. At least you wouldn't have to worry about what the eject charge would do to the body.

I gotta admit that when I saw the title, I imagined a rocket made of fired ceramic. At least you wouldn't have to worry about what the eject charge would do to the body.
I worked on ceramic nose cone for a high fast rocket. Resists heat and erosion and is radio transparent.
Shrinkage upon firing is a problem.
It’s more durable than you would think, if it doesn’t hit a rock it probably won’t break.

That's funny. Of course, and its probably apparent when you reading it, but the real story is that our club field is in Potter, NY.

I really liked the design on the Ocelot, so I made a BT-55 downscale. Still needs the finishing touches, but the paint is done. Assuming it survives it's maiden flight this weekend (composite D), it may fly at LDRS.

IMG_20240509_154850172_HDR.jpgIMG_20240509_154926714.jpgIMG_20240509_154919479_HDR.jpg

Was able to launch today, went well. Nose cone got a little banged up, not sure if it hit a fin or what.
IMG_20240511_132408225_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• VID_20240511_133311636.mp4
    43.2 MB
Back