The Nerd Pride Thread....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a story this morning about a "very large hydrochloric acid leak" in a nearby community. The first place my brain went was that there's someone on the hazmat team thinking... "where can we buy a 20 ton dumptruck load of baking soda?"

Built a [reasonably] high-powered (gaming) PC since my laptop and my son's laptops were way too slow at 3D modeling. I decided to build it partly since the pre-built units were not optimized for 3D modeling (e.g., very difficult to find a Intel i7-14700K CPU, DDR5 RAM, decent NVIDIA GeForce RTX video card, etc... without price skyrocketing. Also went for a fun LED outfitted case, liquid CPU cooling (necessary these days I guess), etc... Other reason for scratch building was to show my kids how to do it (or at least that it is possible). Been 25+ years since I built a PC (used to do it all the time both for myself and when I worked in a computer store pre-Dell) - honestly most annoying part was getting LEDs to work right.

View attachment 621826
I did an upgrade last year before I had hardware from 2015 now I have the latest and greatest all of which I got for free by getting good math grades. Being a kid had perks…

I did an upgrade last year before I had hardware from 2015 now I have the latest and greatest all of which I got for free by getting good math grades. Being a kid had perks…
Wow, good on you! When I was in 10th grade, on the advanced math track, we had a lot of family problems, and I nearly flunked Algebra II. Got past it, though, and went on to trig and calculus in high school, and a successful career as a mechanical engineer, doing mostly analysis.

Don't know your situation, but I hope it's good and that you have plenty of blessings to tally up!

Wow, good on you! When I was in 10th grade, on the advanced math track, we had a lot of family problems, and I nearly flunked Algebra II. Got past it, though, and went on to trig and calculus in high school, and a successful career as a mechanical engineer, doing mostly analysis.

Don't know your situation, but I hope it's good and that you have plenty of blessings to tally up!
I wish I was in advanced math, it’s my worst subject its not the algebra so much as I have never been very good at arithmetic.

Careful, some people may develop an allergy to trigonometry after repeated exposure.
They may have to use cots.
;)
And if they have a really bad reaction, they won't just lie around hoping trigonometry won't come to them. No, they'll secant destroy.

Back