Space Marines

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If some ET with tech to travel across space looking for a fight the Marines will be brave but the battle will be short. Not going to be like movies.

They haven't invented weapons suitable for vacuum yet either (recoilless or energy weapon).

They haven't invented weapons suitable for vacuum yet either (recoilless or energy weapon).

I saw a Sci-fi movie and on top of space ship they had a M-2 50BMG mounted being fired by a guy in a spacesuit. For up close and personal battles.
Sweet.

Soviets mounted a cannon from the tail of one of their intercontinental bombers on their Almaz military space station about 50 some odd years ago. I think they only fired it once to test.
Recoil probably sent it into a new orbital trajectory.
Heh.

Oh great. Now I need a rocket that can land on water and float and that has a propeller and a rudder and after it lands on the water, I can bring it back to shore with a radio.

Last edited:
I don’t envy the first members from the future Aerospace Academy.

Telling people you are a Space Cadet is not going to make you a chick magnet.....

I don’t envy the first members from the future Aerospace Academy.

Telling people you are a Space Cadet is not going to make you a chick magnet.....
The physical fitness and schnazzy dress uniform probably won't hurt.

Back