SPACE COWBOY RETURNS !!!! NOW IT"S BADDAZZ!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a bit premature, but I think this kit could become a legend.

Greg

Not sure what you mean by that? The Wildman's original release of this kit is kinda a legend already. I have seen several of them burn past mach 2.4 on K motors. More impressive, they have had the fins stay on with no tip-to-tip reinforcement on L motors. Where I come from, the rocket IS already a legend and I can only wish Eric luck with any changes he is making to the kit. I hope for his pride sake, that the new nose cone and new body tubes can hold up to an L motor and high Mach2-3 speeds like the original.

If I had a choice (and it seems like I might) I would like the one that has proven to be a legend.

Not sure what you mean by that? The Wildman's original release of this kit is kinda a legend already. I have seen several of them burn past mach 2.4 on K motors. More impressive, they have had the fins stay on with no tip-to-tip reinforcement on L motors. Where I come from, the rocket IS already a legend and I can only wish Eric luck with any changes he is making to the kit. I hope for his pride sake, that the new nose cone and new body tubes can hold up to an L motor and high Mach2-3 speeds like the original.

If I had a choice (and it seems like I might) I would like the one that has proven to be a legend.

I am sure it will. But that is always a question with non fiberglass cones. The heat is short lived.

Griffin, Thank you for the post.
I'm happy you consider the rocket a legend!!
Keep your eyes open as Many Kits may come available.:wink:
You should not worry about fiber glass noze conezz either!
I'm working on those too! You would be suprizzed at who wants to buy them from me!

Peace Bro

Damn!

I have the money, but there goes my L2 attempt!! LOL

Next time around, have to buy some motors right now! LOL

Hey Eric what is the time frame do you think when the rocket will ship out? Is the nose cone hollow or solid? Just wondering for the placement of the GPS tracker.

Andrew

I'm shooting for November ship dates but I'm trying to do better.
Days have been long at machine shop, New customers and projects.
This is how I feed the Family so that has to come first.

Nose cone is hollow, I don't have a GPS set up so I don't know it those will fit.
You send me dimensions and I'll answer from there.

My little GPS transmitter will fit in a 54mm tube, just wanted to know if the cone is hollow. That is good news!!!

Thanks

I'm shooting for November ship dates but I'm trying to do better.
Days have been long at machine shop, New customers and projects.
This is how I feed the Family so that has to come first.
Good to hear there's more machining work and new customers on the way.

Good to hear there's more machining work and new customers on the way.

Yep. Greta news to see the economy improving for some.

Guys I'm trying to stay positive. The work I'm doing is Very small runs.
It's a lot of work for me but not my employees.
At this pace we neither gain or lose ground.
I've just been taking what I can find. Please Vote this year it is the most important election I can remember.

Eric,

"Please Vote this year it is the most important election I can remember. "

You are absolutely correct.

Money sent for the first Defender MkIII in Europe..can't wait to feed that bird with good bavarian nitrous :pop:
...sorry for the space cowboy...

Last edited:
One of the suprises for the people that pre-ordered!
A $40.00 dollar value, FREE.
Polished Surface Finish!!

Normal finish on stock tubes is around 70.mic Ra
Polished finish is an 8. mic Ra
:eyepop::surprised::eyepop::surprised::eyepop::surprised:

My Glazz Kicks Azz!! Wooooooo

100_2410.jpg

100_2407b.jpg

100_2413.JPG

100_2412.JPG

Last edited:
Trying to find a scale that makes sense to everyone (including me!), but holy cow, shiny!

-Kevin

Man I wish that tubing was colored! I think that the RW colored tubes would look awesome if they were polished like that! It seems a shame to consider painting that.

75mm and 98mm spacecowboy...thats what I was looking for :))

Eric....can you do me a longer booster please, you know what I mean ;-)

Latest posts

Back