Sirius Rocketry Atlantis finished

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wicked. I'm saving my pennies as we speak. Be sure to post pics and stories when you fly it.

A challenging build...have to plan ahead on how to assemble and finish certain steps....the top deck was the last attached....after first finishing....even some of the fuselage was decaled BEFORE the deck was attached....some small areas seemed to require this. The vacuform pylons construction was ingenious and turned out quite nice....but a lot of work!:)

A HIGH-CLASS level 4+ kit....through-wall construction....kit for real builders. If I have to give a negative at all....it would be the quality of the decals....while exceptional in DESIGN and QUANTITY...some faded easily and became "fuzzy" in the water. I am no decal expert, but they did not have the plasticity of some others in past kits....maybe it is the kind of paper they are printed on. Some curled up from the surface, but I was able to reattach with thinned Elmers clear glue and a small brush. :rolleyes:

oooooohhhh! aaaaaaaaaaahhhh! (claps loudly) :D

Looks awesome! Job well done. I bet the bigger decals were challenging. Please keep us posted.

Pat

I don't know how I missed this thread!

WOW! Great job! It is really neat to see the kits when they go together! It is hard to tell from the resolution of the photos, but did you paint the blue portions of the pods/nacelles not solid, but with stripes following the molded in detail? Nice touch! Sorry to hear about the probelms with the decal set, we usually have great raves about them. It is possible that you may have just got a bad sheet, let me know if you need another.

Great job!

Back