Shot my 45 on my 45

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I turn 45. So I thought it would be a cool to shoot a couple mags through my 20 yo 1911. So I drove to a farm off of PA 45 that I have permission to shoot on whenever I have an itchy trigger finger.

View attachment 638724

I love the 45. The US Army should have never gone to the 9mm.

Show us your group. I can't hold a pistol, just fing scattered.

Aren't you supposed to stand back 500 feet and hit the bullseye while saying something really witty (as if we could hear it) like on TV? ;-)

I love the 45. The US Army should have never gone to the 9mm.
I agree with you Chuck. After the SLA shootout, an LA officer friend thought he needed the extra rounds of the Browning. He had the Browning only 2 or 3 months when he had to use it, unloading a clip on a suspect at very close range. He hit the suspect with 13 of the 15 rounds, the suspect ran to a hospital 3 blocks away and survived. My friend sold the Browning and purchased a .45 Long Colt revolver.

You shot your 45 on your 45 off of 45. Awesome. Happy Birthday!

Love a good 1911. First gun I ever stripped and reassembled in complete darkness.

Seriously, it was for a short story I was writing. I did it again with the lights on before I fired it again. I ain’t (that) stoopid.

This inspires me! I will shoot for shooting my Glock 40 twice ~4.5 years from now! Sold the .45 a while back so I can't have a very aspirational goal of shooting it twice at 90. Right now, the Glock 40 goal seems quite aspirational. I could go for firing the ,22 (Ruger 10-22) 4 times at 88. And if things go really well, the Spencer 56-56 (Model 1860 Rifle in .52 caliber) twice at 104? Did I get the math, right?

Only five years away from that 50 cal! Woo-hoo!

I’m old enough, I don’t think they even have ammo in my caliber…
That's what I told my wife. I have to get myself a 50 for my 50. And you know what she said. No. I have to many guns already. Then I reminded her about the time we went to the Married Couples retreat where I submitted the question "How do I convince my wife there is no such thing as to many guns" and they actually read the question and answered it :D

That's what I told my wife. I have to get myself a 50 for my 50. And you know what she said. No. I have to many guns already. Then I reminded her about the time we went to the Married Couples retreat where I submitted the question "How do I convince my wife there is no such thing as to many guns" and they actually read the question and answered it :D

You need to start laying the groundwork soon. Practice phrases like, “It’s a milestone birthday”, and, “You only turn 50 once.” And now that you’ve done the 45 for 45, it’s almost a tradition!

Maybe I’ll use this to get a 60mm mortar in a couple of years.

50 cal desert eagle....yowsa!

after that you will have to change to black powder. I've seen 65 cal smooth bores. IDK about firing anything bigger, but that will be a good problem to have:>

Happy birthday!

I like shooting. Have a Glock .45 and an M1 Garand. But any $ I spend on firearms is money I can't spend on rockets or alcohol. And if the Zombie apocolypse does come, I only have two hands for two weapons.

Eight with a S&W 627.

I miss mine. 😢

327PD was a grail gun for me. It makes sooo much more sense than the 329PD that they inexplicably keep in production, for almost all of the people, almost all of the time. Then I got one. Sent it back to S&W, it came back not fixed. The forcing cone had been fubared during the original manufacture, and they didn't have any parts to replace it with, so they just wrote on the paperwork that it was OK and sent it back to me. One of several experiences that made it so easy to divest of most of my S&Ws when the prices went high a few years ago.

Only five years away from that 50 cal! Woo-hoo!

I’m old enough, I don’t think they even have ammo in my caliber…
Think out of the box...
For instance S&W made a pretty good .22 auto called the model 46. There aren't a lot of additional models to choose from but it does add some possibilities.

Back