Remembering watching the SuperBowl

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Watching the Superbowl and I remember when I practiced medicine a Merck drug rep came in to detail me on the "latest drugs". He was a massive guy and eventually said he played in the Superbowl years ago with the Steelers. He was a linebacker and admitted he wasn't a star but had to quit football because his knees and low back were devastated by playing. Had to become a drug rep to make a living for his family. He had a Superbowl ring to prove it! I asked him to see it and he gave it to me and I stuck it on my middle finger on right hand as it was so large. I admired it and handed it back to him. I thought that was so cool to have a piece of history on my finger for even a short time. The fellow was a big guy and over time he lost the weight. I admired that and mentioned it to him later and he said, "Doc, I realized if I continued carrying the weight, I'd be a dead man eventually. Still a tall guy but got to an appropriate weight for his height and looked good. Kurt

Back