Semroc Scissor-Wing Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that was just a placeholder image.

The SWT was released in 1974 not 1968.

I need to build another one of these.

I built one when it first came out in '74 (age ten) and it was the most spectacular rocket I had ever seen. Quick boost, then at ejection, two tight loops before settling into a beautiful, circling glide. Awesome...

My brother and I still talk about it!

Haha, I should try reading for comprehension...missed "instructions" as the keyword in your post.
The laser cut parts, decals are shown as well - still out of stock though.
Got to be close :)

Haha, I should try reading for comprehension...missed "instructions" as the keyword in your post.
The laser cut parts, decals are shown as well - still out of stock though.
Got to be close :)
My original post left out the instructions 😆, you probably saw that before I edited it. I’ve been looking forward to this Semroc kit since I saw a launch and glide recovery video of it in 2020/2021.

Interesting, the pivot assembly is mostly wood! The design seems to address the weak point of both the original Estes kit with a wood pivot, and the Estes re-release that used a plastic pivot, both of which would often break on landing.

Though I still fly the Estes Re-Release, this is definitely on my wish list.

eRockets has restocked the Semroc Scissor-Wing Transport and they currently have (8) available.

I have one from the 70's, gotta replace the body tube...again. This time w/a bt50h and rebalance. Have also rebuilt the pop-pod. Buried in the repair pile.

I have one from the 70's, gotta replace the body tube...again. This time w/a bt50h and rebalance. Have also rebuilt the pop-pod. Buried in the repair pile.
Mine is all original and flyable except the elastic is caput.

That was quick! I was considering it last night but they're gone.
That's a relief.

It's awfully hard to resist ordering those semroc "retro-repros" of the rockets you wanted as a kid, but couldn't afford.

And to make the shipping less painful, you've always got to add more stuff onto the order.

I'm starting to understand how people end up with dozens of un-built kits that they eventually give up on and have to sell.

Back