Semroc Iris

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son got one of these at NARAM 51. He didn't have the patience to paint it. He just built it in a day or so and flew it for the rest of the week.

It's a great flyer.
Kids don't care how they look, they just want to gettum in the air. :D

Tony, you did it again! Beautiful rocket. I may have to try that Krylon silver with Future. Looks good. Remember, lots of bubble wrap around it, I do not want the US postal service messing it up when you sent it to me... :D
Thanks Raul.
Future really works great with metallic paints. It really makes them pop. :)

great job on the Iris !
Thanks.

This is my Semroc Iris that I just finished.
The hardest part of the build was the masking for the paint.
As usual a great kit from Semroc.

Really nice job on my "favorite" rocket of all times! One thing though, IMHO the silver needs to come down alittle further doesn't seem long enough. but that may just be me..
Also have you ever tried "Dupli-Color Chrome" paint? It looks promising! I plan to use it on my 3 year-old 3" IRIS with "Future" over it all.. When I finaly paint the dang thang!:blush:

But your is a real BEAUTY!!!

Mike

Last edited:
Really nice job on my "favorite" rocket of all times! One thing though, IMHO the silver needs to come down alittle further doesn't seem long enough. but that may just be me..
Also have you ever tried "Dupli-Color Chrome" paint? It looks promising! I plan to use it on my 3 year-old 3" IRIS with "Future" over it all.. When I finaly paint the dang thang!:blush:

But your is a real BEAUTY!!!

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Stymye!!!! Been too long! Hit me up on PM, I need to talk to you! I now work with Bobby Mills that owned the shop ya kept the Coyote on display in Franklin...

Mike

Back