SCREWY USPS DELIVERY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a locking mailbox here out in the country... in the mountains. I paid over $300 for the mailbox and installed it myself in concrete. We bought it because a neighbors child goes around taking peoples mail... ugh. We're trying to be proactive, and avert any issues before they happen.

So yesterday my wife said we were supposed to get 2 lbs of coffee delivered by USPS. I go out to get the mail.... and the package is sitting on top of the mailbox. We were home when it was "delivered". I heard them... there USPS van has a serious exhaust leak. Kind of sounds like a NHRA Super Stock....

At least the bears didn't get it before we did.

The USPS is just like every other business in America right now. Can't find good help.

Let's Go Brandon.

I see this all too often here. I asked my USPS delivery guy about it, especially when something is out for delivery but doesn't arrive for several days. Locally, the delivery people must load packages on their own into their vehicles. If the packages are set out too late, in a manner that would make the delivery person late for the route if they took the time to load up, they will just skip it. Then others at the facility may send the package(s) back through the facility if they see them sitting there. I spoke with the post office manager at length about this and other issues. It seems that it takes a couple of years for a delivery person to understand what is going on, so if you have a sub who is new, all bets are off. Our route is an "extra," meaning whoever has the time does it towards the end of the day. We have a regular guy, but also many others. I was also told that a lot of delivery people quit after a few days. I think the problem is having enough people, not necessarily "good" people. I can't imagine why the process is so complicated.

Another one.
I can see the parcel going east instead of west if it's to a major distribution hub.
But North Ridgeville, OH?
Hope it's not a mislabeled shipping tag.
2023-06-24 (2).png

I ordered some quest Q-jets from apogee that were shipped through USPS. It came yesterday. But I have had problems before. Not with USPS but with UPS. I live in Oregon; once my package came from denver, got to portland oregon, went back to denver, then came back to portland before waiting 3 days at the post office in portland before finally showing up on my doorstep. Super annoying.

We've been buying our dog and cat food from Tractor Supply Company (TSC) and this month just set it up as a standing/automatic reorder. Today two 45 pound bags of dog food and one 35 pound bag of car food arrived ar our door via FedEx. I expected UPS for a heavy package but not FedEx.

Back