SCREWY USPS DELIVERY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife got a letter from the state unemployment board about eligibility for benefits. Problem was a) the board had been hacked and many many many false claims had been filed including my wife and several of her co-workers, b) the letter stated that she had 21 days to dispute it, etc. The issue is that she got the letter last week, but it had been mailed in JULY 2021!

I've shipped two packages and received two via USPS recently and the service has been great.

Shipped out from south Georgia via Priority Flat Rate Friday at 2:00 PM, it was delivered in Palmer Alaska Monday morning. For about $20.

Media Mail (slowest USPS method) within the state, was delivered 3days ahead of schedule. Less than $5, IIRC.

Similar experience receiving packages from CSRocketry and an eBay seller in the last couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear the horror stories, but it's not all bad out there.

Im also on vegas and ordered from apogee. So my package went from CO to Los Angles,CA to Seattle, WA and and now back to Los Angles,CA. Never once got a delivery date.
I've come to realize that the notation 'In transit to the next facility' doesn't mean the package is getting closer. It only means it's not sitting in a bin somewhere. I think the USPS mantra is, "Keep the package moving, folks. We don't care where—just keep it moving."

Ha! The USPS is a piker compared to Guam Telephone Authority. Back in February of 2020, I received one of those tear the perforated ends off letters. I was confused as the return address was on Guam. I opened it and it was a check for $32! It was the return of my deposit on my phone from when I was stationed there. I left Guam in November of 2001. It only took them 18 years to refund my deposit! Beat that, if you can, USPS!!!

I have a package coming and got an email saying, "Alert Delivery Exception, Animal Interference" "Delivery Date Unknown"

That's a new one for me.

Roy
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers
from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Except big mean dogs.😄

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers
from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Except big mean dogs.😄
This past winter, snow delayed my mail by over a week so....not so true any more. Now, I've seen some big dogs that would legit delay the mail and I wouldn't be mad about it.

Please let it be the dog please let it be the dog please let it be the dog...
Per the all-knowning Google....

Animal interference: Your shipment can be delayed if the carrier was in danger of attack by an animal by delivering your package. This could be your pet, a stray dog, a wild animal, a swarm of bees, or any type of animal immediately blocking delivery.

I'd take dog over swarm of bees any day.

Per the all-knowning Google....

Animal interference: Your shipment can be delayed if the carrier was in danger of attack by an animal by delivering your package. This could be your pet, a stray dog, a wild animal, a swarm of bees, or any type of animal immediately blocking delivery.

I'd take dog over swarm of bees any day.

I had the carrier use the “animal interference” excuse on me twice, despite the fact that there’s no animals wandering the neighborhood. The second time he used it, I was the animal standing there to accept a package I knew wouldn’t fit in the mailbox, but after placing any letters in the box, he just drove by me. Turns out he found my package in the back of his truck later and was just too lazy to come back; my regular driver always comes back if he misses a package.

On another note, an entire block had their mail delivery put on hold because of a vagrant who had assaulted a couple of different drivers. They eventually got their service reinstated. I forget what city that happened in.

I had the carrier use the “animal interference” excuse on me twice, despite the fact that there’s no animals wandering the neighborhood. The second time he used it, I was the animal standing there to accept a package I knew wouldn’t fit in the mailbox, but after placing any letters in the box, he just drove by me. Turns out he found my package in the back of his truck later and was just too lazy to come back; my regular driver always comes back if he misses a package.

On another note, an entire block had their mail delivery put on hold because of a vagrant who had assaulted a couple of different drivers. They eventually got their service reinstated. I forget what city that happened in.
Do you own a dog or dogs? Do you keep them in the house?

My company shipped a group of 6 identical packages via a well known 'Fast Expert' shipping company to a company with lots of Space named brandX. 5 of the 6 packages got there as scheduled, but after 2 weeks and tons of phone calls, the last package was declared as lost by the 'Fast Expert' shipping company. The leader of the company that has lots of Space named brandX is considered by many as a somewhat influential person with somewhat large resources.

So, basically if such an individual can only get 5 out of the 6 packages his company ordered for his - umm - project, we should all be glad we get any packages, rocket stuff or not!!!

I'm not sure if anybody actually went to the location where the package apparently did get lost, but if they did, I hope they got some good BBQ.

Sandy.

Do you own a dog or dogs? Do you keep them in the house?

Two dogs, Yorkies, house dogs, the front yard is not fenced, only the back yard is fenced. The mailbox is 50’ from the house and they have never barked, even when someone rings the doorbell. Besides, I have a camera that activates when the mail truck pulls up to my mailbox, so I can go out when I have a package that won’t fit in the mailbox. The driver was definitely using the “animal interference” excuse to cover for not delivering the package; my regular driver said the same thing.

It's hard to pin the game of facility ping pong on one or two factors. I've routinely ordered from Apogee and never experienced anything other that slight delays. The same holds true for orders from BMS and eRockets. I feel for those that get frustrated by the facility to facility "bounce" especially when there's no logical reason for it to happen.

Many years ago I purchased an RC Car from a seller in CA. The car bounced from CA to Louisville KY and back three times before it found it's was to Indianapolis where it sat for almost a week before moving again. Once it began to move again it went to Chicago and eventually was delivered to me outside of Chicago.

All told it took three weeks to receive a package that was shipped 2nd day air. When I received it the label was correct and in good shape. Barcode was scannable and my address was clearly written on the outside of the package as well.

Thankfully the RC Car was undamaged.

I ordered some Estes model rocket kits from a US dealer last year. They shipped me two packages by the USPS - Tracking ID CJ188822721US and CJ188822718US.

USPS Tracking result shows --- Status --- Arrived at USPS Regional Facility.
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on August 7, 2021 at 7:32 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Packages are at USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER for 10 months. How can I receive these packages?

I ordered some Estes model rocket kits from a US dealer last year. They shipped me two packages by the USPS - Tracking ID CJ188822721US and CJ188822718US.

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on August 7, 2021 at 7:32 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Packages are at USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER for 10 months. How can I receive these packages?
They might be a gonner.

Tell your vendor first. Ask about a refund. Product info shows it's insured for up to $200.
Then the vendor can start an inquiry to file an international claim. This has to be done by the vendor, not the customer. You get refunded by the vendor, vendor gets reimbursed by USPS, everybody's happy.
https://www.usps.com/help/international-claims.htmGood luck!

Last edited:
Tell your vendor first. Ask about a refund. Product info shows it's insured for up to $200.
Then the vendor can start an inquiry to file an international claim. This has to be done by the vendor, not the customer. You get refunded by the vendor, vendor gets reimbursed by USPS, everybody's happy.
https://www.usps.com/help/international-claims.htmGood luck!
Thank you very much.
Today I sent an email to the vendor and requested an inquiry to make an international bill.

Yesterday a ordered a catch alive trap for a nasty ground hog. USPS shipping delivery by next Thursday was $10 or I could choose delivery by next Wednesday for $116. Are they nuts?

You should consider a bag or two of sakrete to plug that hole left by the wood chuck.

I love how venders print out your label then tell you “your package has been shipped”.
Im a 20+ year clerk for a well known shipping company and are ways to track a package are not all that bad, actually they are pretty accurate.

Back