Screw for Featherweight Screw Switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neutronium95

Reaction score
What size screw is used in the Featherweight screw switch? I had one come out and disappear on me, and I have a launch this weekend.

All of Adrian's early stuff was #2-56 so I would expect that. make sure to test that the screw you get contacts appropriately....

I just checked 2 of my rockets from the 2005-2010 era and they had #2-56 pan head screws. I bought the pcb's from him and soldered myself, so not 1000% sure what I did was what he shipped as assembled switches, but I imagine I followed his recommendations.

Great switches, IMO. Love my Raven as well.

Sandy.

Pretty sure they're 2-56 screws.

I've not done this yet, but I know of folks who replaced the supplied screw with something that is about 1/2" long. After screwing it into the screw switch, they use some type of cutter to deform the threads at the very end of the screw so it won't come undone. Word of caution - it IS possible to overtighten the screw switch, breaking the solder joint between the nut and the PCB... So if you do this, use caution when tightening and/or backing out.

Mike

Back