screw switches from rail-buttons.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the screw switch kit from rail-buttons.com? https://rail-buttons.com/ocart3/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59

They're good quality and easy enough to solder, but I've found you have to torque down the supplied screw really tight to get a low resistance; just a little snug shows an open or a fairly high resistance of 20-30 ohms, which makes me a bit nervous to use these.

Also, IMHO the supplied screws are too long.

The price is right to give them a try. Solder included!

The screw switch on the Eggtimer Apogee behaves the same way for me. Yeah, it is a little disconcerting.

What is the screw length? I think longer is better. Less change of falling out or jiggling closed during transport.

What is the screw length? I think longer is better. Less change of falling out or jiggling closed during transport.
About 1/4" of screw protrudes through the nut when the screw is snugged down. I'd call that way too long, YMMV.

FWIW the Additive Aerospace screw switch behaves much more predictably. Maybe it's the larger screw size, a better screw, flatter solder plating, whatever.

Latest posts

Back