Science Lab Supplies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well back on 12/16/2021, I ordered some Estes Rockets from this place in Navasota, Texas. I have yet to receive the items or receive any more correspondence from them. Has anyone else done any business with this group?

They're a scam. Them having OOP kits should've been the clue. Try and get your money back from the bank.

Scam site. Physical address looks like a storage unit on Google streetview.

http://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2020/10/do-not-order-from.html
Unfortunately, there are a number of scam sites with OOP rocket kits showing available for retail prices, if you use google or web search for specific kits. I found about a dozen that all have the exact same blurb in their "About us" section of the website, and the contact info is only one email address that is obviously suspect. Better to stick to known vendors or ebay.

....oh my...I guess my love for this hobby and oop kits clouded my judgement! I guess there are not- so- :oops: nice people out there.:(

I like to second Launch Lab Rockets. I been spending to much time on his site which results in my wife successfully arguing why I should let her buy $33 of stickers yesterday when I went to Hobby Lobby for Epoxy....

Jon Rocket also is reliable.

Thanks for the replies...I have done business with the suggested suppliers before...all good people. And I've bought oop kits from some other not known sites that worked out...but not from this one...got me for $180! :(

I placed an order for some oop Estes rockets from NDHSKBD in early January of 2021. I paid it through PayPal; they said it was supposedly shipped via USPS. USPS said it was delivered to my doorstep 18 hours (!) later, but it never arrived and there were no footprints in the snow at my rural home. NDHSKBD did not reply to subsequent emails, but last time I checked their website said that my order was processing. I've since been informed that they're a scam site. It's interesting that the perpitrators have also apparently penetrated PayPal and the USPS, and the USPS is lying to me about the delivery (my local postmaster assured me that she had talked to the carrier, who was certain that the package had been delivered).

This scam cost me about $120. Lessons learned: don't trust the USPS, don't trust internet rocket vendors that aren't on TRF, and be extra careful about purchasing oop items at retail prices.

I placed an order for some oop Estes rockets from NDHSKBD in early January of 2021. I paid it through PayPal; they said it was supposedly shipped via USPS. USPS said it was delivered to my doorstep 18 hours (!) later, but it never arrived and there were no footprints in the snow at my rural home. NDHSKBD did not reply to subsequent emails, but last time I checked their website said that my order was processing. I've since been informed that they're a scam site. It's interesting that the perpitrators have also apparently penetrated PayPal and the USPS, and the USPS is lying to me about the delivery (my local postmaster assured me that she had talked to the carrier, who was certain that the package had been delivered).

This scam cost me about $120. Lessons learned: don't trust the USPS, don't trust internet rocket vendors that aren't on TRF, and be extra careful about purchasing oop items at retail prices.

Is there some reason you didn't initiate a Paypal dispute (you have 6 months I believe)?

Did you receive some mail packet that looked like junk mail but was sent with that tracking number on it? That is one way folks are scam and PayPal simply takes the delivered from the Post Office as truth when all you got was a junk mail,

Did you receive some mail packet that looked like junk mail but was sent with that tracking number on it? That is one way folks are scam and PayPal simply takes the delivered from the Post Office as truth when all you got was a junk mail,
Maybe. This all happened over a year ago, and I routinely throw out junk mail without a second glance so I'll never know. Such a scheme may explain another oddity, that the package was supposedly delivered only 18 hours after I placed the order: extraordinary for an ordinary package, yet possible for letter-size mail. However, it doesn't explain how the letter carrier could have delivered it "to my doorstep" without leaving footprints in the snow (my mailbox is 50 ft away, out on the road).

Back