Rudeness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about some Milk545a6794-8572-31e9-bc64-9b3d10104aa1.jpg (from the human kindness dairy) and some Lllamacakesllama nut.jpg?

...and some Lllamacakes...

One Christmas an employer bought the office one of those non-gifts of a llama sponsorship, basically a village somewhere gets a free llama. The card we each got said the llama will be a source of wool, milk... and eggs.

Ya know, I think we all need to step back, take a breath, and remember civility and good manners from time to time. That said, I've frequented quite a few forums over the years and TRF is far and away one of the nicer, more pleasant, kinder, and generally civil ones of the bunch. Do we all need a reminder now and then? Sure, but really, this place is vastly better than the norm for internet forums in my experience. Complaining about how bad this place is doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I can think of only one online forum I've seen (a professional graphics one) that is more civil. Compared to most of the others, this place soft and cuddly in the extreme.

You all are just so nice (mostly).

so there, s6

Ya know, I think we all need to step back, take a breath, and remember civility and good manners from time to time. That said, I've frequented quite a few forums over the years and TRF is far and away one of the nicer, more pleasant, kinder, and generally civil ones of the bunch. Do we all need a reminder now and then? Sure, but really, this place is vastly better than the norm for internet forums in my experience. Complaining about how bad this place is doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I can think of only one online forum I've seen (a professional graphics one) that is more civil. Compared to most of the others, this place soft and cuddly in the extreme.

You all are just so nice (mostly).

so there, s6

I completely agree with this. I made a similar comment in a different thread not long ago:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?47471-Grumblings-of-a-curmudgeon&p=462201#post462201

I'm really surprised by folks who describe the atmosphere here as negative and rude. Sure discussions get heated at times, and sometimes you will find people posting first and thinking second. But overall TRF is filled with cuddle bears in my opinion, especially when compared to some of the other boards I frequent.

I was the Dread Pirate Roberts for Halloween! That's because the Dread Pirate Douglas sounds about as scary as the Dread Pirate Westley.

Speaking of Westley (a different one)
things come down to Wheaton's law (slightly paraphrased as this is meant to be a family friendly sort of place)
"Don't be a jerk"
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wheatons-law

Though I'm not as active as I once was (mostly other time constants on my rocket activities). I've always enjoyed the more friendly atmosphere on TRF and I hope we as a community can maintain it.

One Christmas an employer bought the office one of those non-gifts of a llama sponsorship, basically a village somewhere gets a free llama. The card we each got said the llama will be a source of wool, milk... and eggs.

Sure - they ride the llama into town and trade some of the llama wool for a dozen eggs! What could be simpler? :wink:

Back