rOcketober Best Rocket Competition - Sci Fi LPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Firstly a shameless plug for our wonderful sponsor this month! A BIG thank you goes out to Hot Rod Rockets, producers of truly awesome kits ! Check out the site! I am sure there is a kit there that will tickle your fancy!

This is the official location of The Rocketry Forum Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st(or there about) until the end of the month we'll be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition.

Double check to make sure you entering in the correct 'power level' thread! Only ONE entry per person per month(no entering BOTH LPR and MPR/HPR in a single given month!). The thread titles will reflect the power level: XXX Best Rocket Competition LPR or XXX Best Rocket Competition MPR/HPR.

Da Rulez

1. Header of picture should include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR. Example: LPR Estes Hijinx..Put this in the 'title' block when posting.
2. A BRIEF description of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month.
4. Please no extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.Rocket needs to be in your possession/fleet at the time of the competition!
5A. Rockets entered MUST have at least one successful flight. Not simulated, but real world flying through the sky type..with successful recovery.
5b. If proof of a successful flight is documented and the rocket suffers a loss in a subsequent flight, it is still eligible for consideration and will be judged in the 'prior to loss' state.
6. Rocket may be entered into the current months competition only ONCE! Rocket may be entered into a following months competition if it fits the given category.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of every month the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month we will be polling on who should win in each class.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

Theme
We all(or most of us anyway) like science-fiction, or Sci-Fi..So, this months theme is sci-fi based/inspired rocket ship! Let your imaginations flow freely!

So, show us your awesome builds!

Remember detail, details, details! So don't be shy, include extra photos of the little bits that make YOUR model extra special!
If you entry is a kit, let us know who's kit it is!

PRIZE(S)
Now, the good part!:) This month, our gracious sponsor, Hot Rod Rockets will be awarding the top 3 finalists! How cool is that?:cool:

So, let's get those entries in!

Last edited:
I would like to respectfully submit my EVR Australis;

100_2024.jpg

This design started with off-sized fins from the Fliskits Borealis. For the full back-story, see here;

https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=43523&highlight=australis

Since Jim's story described the Borealis as a freighter/cruiser and his design is much more streamlined, I thought she needed a beefy, aggressive looking-companion battlleship. I finally finished the color scheme and custom decals a few months ago...

Center section;
100_2025.jpg

Nose;
100_2030.jpg

Upper tail;
100_2026.jpg

Underneath;
100_2028.jpg

Tail side;
100_2031.jpg

Flies extremely well on C6-5's and looks great in the air....

Later,
EV

The Australis is going to be hard to beat but you can't just give in so quick.

Give EchoVictor some competition.

What John said! Also remember that the top 3 contestants WILL recieve a prize! So, you don't have to win the whole thing, just be in the Top 3 and you get a prize thanks to our great sponsor this month, Hot Rod Rockets! :D

Ok, here's my Fliskits Farscape. On a fence. Also flies nicely on a C6-5.

Farscape.jpg

Well, at least I'm going to try.

My entry is the Refit Atlantis from Sirius Rocketry. It was a long but enjoyable build and I never realized that so many decals could fit onto one rocket. It flies well and I even tried it on an E30 once. It flew well on that too but drifted a long way. I remember leaning that dachshunds can run faster than they look like they should be able to and don't always have a good disposition.

At-flt1a.jpg

atln-flit-2b.jpg

Atlantis-1a.jpg

Just a reminder you have 1 week to get your entries in! :)

Right now, with just 3 entries, everyone will get a prize! I KNOW there are a lot more sci-fi based rockets out there! Show your stuff! :)

Since I really like Sci Fi rockets, the problem is picking just one to enter.:confused2:

Last day to get your entries in! At the stroke of midnight eastern time(or, when I get home from work, whichever is later) the entry period will close!:cyclops: Polls will be posted shortly thereafter..

Remember in the LPR contest that the TOP 3 finalists will receive prizes from Hot Rod Rocketry!:clap:

MPR/HPR winner gets $25 off any web order or custom sticker work from Sticker Shock! :D

So, git yer entries in!:gavel:;)

Last edited:
DING-DONG the witch is...ummm..the entry period has now ended! ;)

All good entries, this will prove interesting!

Polls to be posted in mere minutes! :)

Back