ROC launch 5-8-2021

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveNeill

SNG Studio Ventura
Reaction score
Another great launch. This one was open to the public for the first time in over a year. Still masks and common sense rules applied in distancing as per the BLM's (Bureau of Land Management) rules. Great weather. Very windy at the start of the day but the winds receded and we had some nice flying to about 1 pm.

I flew a new LOC Athena, North Coast Rocketry Bounty Hunter, and a 8 year old, never flown Argent. Sadly we didn't have any HPR motor vendors at the launch. I got some older G80-WT-7 and 10s from Gary Schneider our ROC president. They worked well for first flights and I got altitudes between 1500 and 2200 ft on the Argent. All were good flights.

I had a Dynasoar Rocketry YF-12 with me but by the time I could fly it the winds came back up and the range was being taken down.

This video shows life camping on the Playa and the event. It was well attended and there were lines to fly. All good for ROC. I think there was about 220 flights between 7:30 am and 1:00 pm. So glad to be a member of ROC. I got my level one cert last month with them.

Back