RIP Helen Reddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Angie Baby" and "I believe in Music"

They're along with 134 other favorite-songs-of-all-time on the microSD in my CD/backup camera/radio/GPS. And room for a few thousand more, should I desire. Some parts of technology are simply marvelous, and I'm glad I lived long enough to see them.

Best -- Terry

Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way.

RIP, Mac and Helen.

I just saw this and thought it was a cool story to share here

One time, back in the day, Nancy Sinatra was making an album in L.A. and she happened to be hanging in the break room with a young session player just shooting the breeze when he said he had written this really cool song for Elvis but he couldn't get it to him because all songs had to go through The Colonel, who automatically rejected everything he didn't own the publishing on.
"Oh really." Said Nancy. "Let me hear your cool song.".
So the young man played it for her.
"That's great.", Nancy said.
"Thanks. Too bad it's impossible to get it to Elvis.".
"Is that so?", Nancy said, "Got a dime?".
The young man gave her a dime and she promptly dialed a number on the break room pay phone - a number she knew by heart.
Elvis at home. She told him about the song.
"That's great.", Elvis said. "Send it to me here at the house, will ya? I've had a real hard time finding good songs.".
So the young man, whose name was Mac Davis, sent his song called "In The Ghetto", directly to Elvis. It became the song that brought Elvis back onto the charts and launched the young session player onto his own successful career.

I do recall watching and enjoying Mac Davis's variety show back in the 70's. Back in those days darn near everyone had a variety show at one time or another.

RIP Mac and Helen.

Back