QCRS MMWP launch / BBQ May 24-25

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 grams or more what size tube is it????????????????

Gary.....Shhhhhh.....*It's a joke, just seeing if Mark will bite...* Are you planning to make the 6/1514 launch? I want to talk "Chutes" with you in person....Keep up the good work until then!;)

Good to see everyone, well, most everyone, this weekend ;) You couldn't get much better flying weather; all in all a good way to spend a weekend. Thank you Tim and Jackie for hosting a great party, as usual. Thank you Eric for the Sconnie treats and for helping me get my drink on. Did Tim ever have any or was he too skeered of the 'Death's Door?'

At some point I'll post the videos I took, but I have some projects going that might keep me from that for a bit.

Great pictures everyone!!

Buuuuut, I'm waiting for the "real" pictures to surface, you know, the ones from the barbeque.

I love the GPS telemetry! You can almost see the *Scampering Trail* you left all the way from your car to the pad!

The GPS is awesome. I had to zoom-out to get the full flight. On this image you can see me screwing around gettin' ready to launch.

--MCS

GoogleEarth_Image (2).jpg

Great pictures everyone!!

Buuuuut, I'm waiting for the "real" pictures to surface, you know, the ones from the barbeque.

The GPS is awesome. I had to zoom-out to get the full flight. On this image you can see me screwing around gettin' ready to launch.

--MCSView attachment 173169

Better yet...NEXT time we attach a GPS transmitter to Manny and, let him go all day and, all night...
1. Entertain him.
2. Feed him.
3. Flood him.
4. Scare him...(with pyrotechnics of course.)
5. Bed him down.

I'll bet it would look like someone took a can of *Pick Up Sticks* and, threw it down on God's green earth.;)

Better yet...NEXT time we attach a GPS transmitter to Manny and, let him go all day and, all night...
1. Entertain him.
2. Feed him.
3. Flood him.
4. Scare him...(with pyrotechnics of course.)
5. Bed him down.

I'll bet it would look like someone took a can of *Pick Up Sticks* and, threw it down on God's green earth.;)

...had we done so last weekend, the period from about 9:30pm and forward on Saturday night would have been a stationary dot in Tim's living room. Unless of course it was affixed to his head like a crown, then you'd notice an occasional forward and back wave motion.:)

I'm told that, what happens in Van Orin, stays in Van Orin...:).
Rex

*UNLESS...*

A. Someone gets a Fireworks Show "Planted" around their tent...In Tim's backyard.
1. Unknowingly.​
a. While asleep.​
b. While drunk.​
c. Both of the above.​
2. Professional grade "Plantation."​
a. Handled by licensed individuals.​
b. Makes ALOT of noise.​
c. Causes complete loss of bowel/bladder control.​
1.c While asleep.​
2.c While drunk.​
3.c Both of the above.

B. Gets *Humped* by a Rottweiler.
1. A female one...​
a. While.​
1.a Asleep.​
1.b Drunk.​
1.c Both of the above.​

C. Or just...Slobbered on....
1. Previously said Dog.​

D. Takes a ride on the motorized Barstool.
1. Crashes.​
a. Below 30mph.​
1.a Roadrash.​
1.a.1 Duct tape and, Superglue.​

b. Above 30mph.​
1.a Lifeline flight to Peru/Lasalle, Illinois.​
1.a.1 May God have mercy on your poor soul.​

I could go on and, on....but, there are loopholes in the Matrix! :cool:

Last edited:
*UNLESS...*

A. Someone gets a Fireworks Show "Planted" around their tent...In Tim's backyard.
1. Unknowingly.​
a. While asleep.​
b. While drunk.​
c. Both of the above.​
2. Professional grade "Plantation."​
a. Handled by licensed individuals.​
b. Makes ALOT of noise.​
c. Causes complete loss of bowel/bladder control.​
1.c While asleep.​
2.c While drunk.​
3.c Both of the above.

B. Gets *Humped* by a Rottweiler.
1. A female one...​
a. While.​
1.a Asleep.​
1.b Drunk.​
1.c Both of the above.​

C. Or just...Slobbered on....
1. Previously said Dog.​

D. Takes a ride on the motorized Barstool.
1. Crashes.​
a. Below 30mph.​
1.a Roadrash.​
1.a.1 Duct tape and, Superglue.​

b. Above 30mph.​
1.a Lifeline flight to Peru/Lasalle, Illinois.​
1.a.1 May God have mercy on your poor soul.​

I could go on and, on....but, there are loopholes in the Matrix! :cool:

You forgot to mention rubber ducks...

View attachment 173298

And the Matrix just continues to repeat...

Finally got my video processed. Be sure to select HD. PM me if you would like any clips.

[video=youtube_share;-CJfLSOisW4]https://youtu.be/-CJfLSOisW4[/video]

Thanks for posting the video, do you have a video of any of the launches later in the day? Looking for one with my 3" Shredder.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Unfortunately, the last rocket shown was my son's rocket. He buried it in the cornfield and we spent the rest of the weekend looking for it. No more video.:facepalm:

Thanks for posting the video, do you have a video of any of the launches later in the day? Looking for one with my 3" Shredder.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back