PVC Bow (for archery)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you find one of those pistol crossbows? I seem to remember that I was able to find those for about $20USD. Below is an image of one that I found that was a 50lb draw for ~$7.00 (currently out of stock though).

Remove the target point from one of the bolts, then attach a rubber bumper and a fishing line to it, and that *should* be able to fire the required height/distance.

Ahhh Grasshoppa, much more stealthy! :D

I'd have to shop around out here, not much for any type of hunting shops near me. That is, unless you'd consider a bait and minnow place a sporting goods store. Uh...nope.

Dang, for $7.00, I'd buy that just for fun!

I was just checking legalities of bows, crossbows, and pistol grip crossbows, and found, according to the DNR, a bow must be a minimum of 30 pound, or a cross bow at 100 pound minimum for...deer?

Geeze, I guess I may have underestimated the power of a bow?! I would never have guessed a 30lb bow would take down a deer, unless it was an amazingly accurate (aka, deadly) shot. What, neck shot to the jugular? Eyeball shot into the brain?!

guess I can't use my 'WAMMO' crossbow for dear hunting (it is only a #70 draw). arrows use a different method than bullets blood loss/shock to cause death, so major blood vessel or a heart shot is what you're looking for with bow hunting. I do have a #60 bow, but no broadheads, no hunting deer for me(with a bow, I do have other options though).
Rex

Back