PROLINE ROCKETRY HIGH END KITS AND COMPONENTS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! making head way and stream lining the fin process.

I'm guessing this refers to the ARCAS (?).

Can you tell us anything about the V2? As an aside,... may want to update your website with regards to the V2... "coming Jan 2013" seem unlikely at this point! :wink:

Still no response to my V2 queries for any news / update. Oh well... tired of waiting. I'm out.

Yes I was referring to the ARCAS. No news to report on the V2 sorry. Believe me once I have some news to report this will be the 1st place I post. I know there allot of people waiting for both these kits so again our apologies on the long delay.

When will parts like the aluminum AV bay lids be available? Every time I check they are out of stock on the Rocketry Warehouse site and the Proline site has a tab for them but that is it.

I finally got around to building my Dominator 4 v1. Yeah I take my time. I have a problem with using the canisters for the charges with the hole in the bottom.
I drilled mine out to a bit larger size with a 13mm drill bit and I can press fit 5ml canisters in them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-5ml...0891681450?hash=item20cdcc72aa#ht_1737wt_1170

I screwed the charge holder into the lid and slid that on the drill press to enlarge the recepticle. Once the plastic canister is press fit in, ain't do way its coming out unless you yank it out with a pliers.

That ebay is a work of art.

Going to use my D4 for an L3 attempt. Used Duralco 4525IP adhesive for everything including fin fillets and put a .6" ring in the nosecone with the 4535IP so I can carry a Beeline APRS tracker. Six 8-32 socket head screws and blind nuts secure the bulkhead to the ring. Will use a Loki M1882 for the attempt. Kurt

The charge holders with a hole in the bottom can cause a problem. I fixed the issue with a zip tie around the black covers. It holds them securely in place.

Yes we are allot closer, we're doing sample runs as we speak on the brand new CNC machine. Once I have more info I'll post here ASAP. Obviously its taken MUCH longer than we had anticipated but thats the reason I refused to take any money from anyone till the product was IN my hands.

Gary thanks for the up date. At the Bong launch on Sat. there were a number of guys wondering how the ARCAS coming along.
GP

Gary, Curtis,

many thx for the quick delivery of most beautifull FW NC I have got so far, just HUGE and perfect..8" 5:1

Here a picture in comparison: 4", 5.5" (patriot) and 8"..all Proline...

I will post soon the start of the build for my new 8" rocket using your components...

Thx and regards from Oktoberfest,
D.

WP_20130929_002.jpg

Last edited:
Is the Arcas going to be dual deploy? I'm assuming it has to be -- 54mm, slow burn high end K will take it to 9000' or so.

W

How do you figure that?
I have an old Performance Rocket full scale ARCAS and it does 8,900 on a mid size L.

JD

Is the Arcas going to be dual deploy? I'm assuming it has to be -- 54mm, slow burn high end K will take it to 9000' or so.

W

I was just messing with OR -- lots of parameters, and I didn't verify much, just wanted an idea roughly how high it would go. My guess is weight alone could vary - I think my model was 230 oz for example, which may haven been on the light side.

230 oz dry would be a good estimate . Mine is right around 21 / 22 pounds on the pad with a 54 / 1750 . It went right round 4500 on a loki k960 .

Eric

Why do people insist on using 1000 oz rather than pounds?
To me it sounds like mothers talking about the newborns 75 weeks later......

JD

I was just messing with OR -- lots of parameters, and I didn't verify much, just wanted an idea roughly how high it would go. My guess is weight alone could vary - I think my model was 230 oz for example, which may haven been on the light side.

Why do people insist on using 1000 oz rather than pounds?
To me it sounds like mothers talking about the newborns 75 weeks later......

JD

I have the same thought but I prefer Grams and Kilograms.

Just wanted to say , I just received a 1/2 scale Amraam from PR , and it is a thing of beauty . I am changing things up a bit and putting a 75 mm mount in the kit ( comes with a 54 mm ) and making it so a 75 / 7600 will fit . Plans are to fly it in the spring on a Gorilla 75mm 3 grain L1150 WC to about 10,000 feet or so .

Eric

The one that flew at BALLS was a foot longer than it was supposed to be. That one had the single use booster with I think 60" of propellant. Motor was an EX mid "O" motor. It was pretty squirrelly off the pad but once it straitened out it held together perfectly, the fins didn't budge even flying like that. Oh and the 20+ mph winds didn't help either.

Last edited:
The real ARCAS was launched from a Breech.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcas_(rocket)

JD

The one that flew at BALLS was a foot longer than it was supposed to be. That one had the single use booster with I think 50" of propellant. Motor was an EX mid "O" motor. It was pretty squirrelly off the pad but once it straitened out it held together perfectly, the fins didn't budge even flying like that. Oh and the 20+ mph winds didn't help either.

Alex,
Sorry but the ARCAS has been put on the back burner for a bit. Maybe next year.

... No news to report on the V2 sorry. Believe me once I have some news to report this will be the 1st place I post. I know there allot of people waiting for both these kits so again our apologies on the long delay.

Gary,

Are we talking this year or next?

Chuck

Chuck,
Definitely THIS year.

Still definitely?

Back