Princess Punisher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
This thread is all about a 3" Wildman Punisher I just won from Ryan Smith in a very generous random draw contest on YouTube. Check this guy's channel out, subscribe and give this guy some likes!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheRocketSmith
So this is going to be a build thread of sorts. I'm not going to detail every excruciating step of this build..I mean, who needs to see yet another series of pictures of applying fillets? So I'm going to be a bit silly and do it a little differently. How that's going to look is anyone's guess - especially me. So for the first installment - The Great Unboxing

Is there a large number of princesses out there in need of punishment? Seems a bit specific to build something to punish princesses...

spank rube goldberg machine GIF

So here's some questions about 3" punishers...

- Got a camera shroud for this fella. Normally I put the camera just a wee bit above the ebay. Since I am utilizing the HED and that would be a bit impractical. Where have others have placed their shrouds on these beasts?

- Are there instructions somewhere on how to connect the recovery harness to the metal nose cone tip and screw that entire assembly together? I am tempted to just JB Weld that bugger on...

Dave-1. I place the camera shroud about half way up the booster above the fin can but below the e-bay (see photo of a rocket's apogee below).
2. On the Wildman website, under downloads click on "head end deployment." Step 4 discusses the placement of the nosecone eyebolt and harness.

Fred
Rogue apogee photo.PNG

Dave-1. I place the camera shroud about half way up the booster above the fin can but below the e-bay (see photo of a rocket's apogee below).
2. On the Wildman website, under downloads click on "head end deployment." Step 4 discusses the placement of the nosecone eyebolt and harness.

Helpful post is helpful. Thanks!

So here's some questions about 3" punishers...

- Got a camera shroud for this fella. Normally I put the camera just a wee bit above the ebay. Since I am utilizing the HED and that would be a bit impractical. Where have others have placed their shrouds on these beasts?

- Are there instructions somewhere on how to connect the recovery harness to the metal nose cone tip and screw that entire assembly together? I am tempted to just JB Weld that bugger on...
I would just glue the tip in, easy peasy. :)

Back