Plastic Kit Conversion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edmiller

Reaction score
Attached is a photo of a 1:1 scale model I just completed. It is a German 88mm Tiger II Tank round. The kit is made by PIG Model. Kit number 0002. It's all plastic and I converted it to flight. The company also makes an 88mm Tiger I tank round. Number 0001. There is a new one being released. A Russian 76.2mm T34 tank round. Number 0003. Hopefully they release a lot more kits of this type. My preference for the next one would be a 120mm M 1 Abrams round.

I got mine from Andy's Hobby HQ Andys Hobby Headquarter | Official Onlinestore — AndysHHQ. There is also another source. Field of Armor Tanks LLC . These models are not always in stock. They seem so sell out as soon as they arrive.

Ed

Attachments

• 2020-09-10 10.29.51.jpg
    2020-09-10 10.29.51.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 41
thx for sharing! Ive finally got comfortable enough scratch building that i want to venture into making rockets out of non rocket stuff and this is awesome! Love the final product, what plastic for the fins?

I was reading today about the HVP (Hyper Velocity Projectile). It's a cannon round that travels at Mach 5 and is guided. Able to be fired from a howitzer or naval deck gun. They did a test at White Sands recently and a HVP fired from a Paladin howitzer shot down a target drone simulating a cruise missile. Unreal.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...cruise-missiles-heres-a-video-of-the-cannons/Anyway, I was thinking of doing a scale HVP from the drawing here:
1599789123446.png
https://www.baesystems.com/en-us/product/hyper-velocity-projectile-hvp

I saw those hypervelocity rounds on a military site. Sounds like a good candidate for an Aerotech Warp 9 motor. Attaching launch lugs or rail buttons may be a problem. Maybe an internal lug or launch it from a tube.

An HVR looks like very cool scratch build project. 155mm is 6"diameter which works. Any idea how long it is?

Phil

Back