3D Printing PETG and ejection

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can not print ABS. Will PETG as connects to the motor tubing melt?? Or does the heat not last long enough? Or can it be protected in some manner?? Has this been discussed in the past? Think like a transition that is hollow. Would a cooling mesh help in coupler?

One more time. Generally, PETG or ABS will be fine for motor mounts as long as it's well designed. As always though the answer is that depends on you considering ALL the variables.

I am sorry if this was brought up before (even by me). All you need to do is point me at the thread. Forgive me if I have more than a few threads I have posted to. ;)

click the search (top right) and search " PETG motor mount " without the quotes. Multiple hits with evidence from people who have printed and used PETG motor mounts, full, retainers, partial. But it depends on what size/ thrust you're talking about. Most of your stuff seems to be low/medium power, so it will be fine for that. :)

Most of your stuff seems to be low/medium power, so it will be fine for that. :)
Yeah... no K550 parts... yet... My RW Sublime

32480347961_7efda9c544_h.jpg

PETG against a metal motor casing will deform a little. I had to break a few parts off my test stand to release the casing. It depends on the motor you are using. An H120 is not an issue for me, but a J350 in a metal casing burns too hot, and the case melts the centering rings a little.

Back