3D Printing G-10 Bed for PETG

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBrust

Reaction score
Apologies if this has discussed already. I've been having a heck of a time with PETG. The prints come out great but they stick like crazy to my printer's PEI bed surface, to the point where I've damaged prints and almost damaged the bed trying to get them off. I tried Magigoo which claims it promotes adhesion when hot and release when cool, but I didn't see any significant improvement.

Then I happened upon a YT video where they claimed that G-10 (AKA FR-4, Garolite, circuit board material) works great for PETG. I had some 0.031" G-10 laying around so I cut a piece and clipped it to my bed and tried a print in PETG. Holy cow did this work great. Adhesion during the print seemed fine and after it cooled, it popped right off. No glue stick, hairspray, removal tools needed.

Highly recommend trying G-10 if you're printing PETG.

Randy

Last edited:
PETG (read I) sliced my smooth PEI sheet as I was removing a print, so I had to repair it. :(

I also got the textured PEI sheet that handles PETG easily (Too easy - small PETG parts still pop of a little too easy).

There's also a sheet in between the 2 - "Satan" sheet that supposedly handles PLA and PETG (best of both worlds?)

Before the textured sheet, I used lotsa Aqua-net (un-scented) for PETG - it worked fairly well.

I've never heard of the G-10 stuff - I'll haveta look that up - thanks

I use the regular Creality glass bed (black glass, carbon silicone coating(?)) sprayed with Aquanet hairspray, prints stick very well and pop off fairly easily with a sharp (not really sharp) putty knife.

Same here, creality glass bed and hair spray, works like a charm. Option two, standard creality surface (black one) + glue stick, works even better

Back