Pban

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don carter

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I've got a general question that perhaps someone can help me with. I live in Louisville where Pban is manufactured. American Synthetic Rubber Corp. Does ANYONE know how to get in touch with them? They are the most difficult folks to try to reach I have EVER seen. They have NO phone number you can call. The number you call takes you to a plant security person. Darndest thing I've ever seen. I'm just wondering if anybody has a way of getting ahold of them? Or maybe which forum I need to go to in order to ask?

Just a guess, but if they are that hard to get in contact with they probably don't sell retail.

Probably true. Although I've had a probably chemist try to do the same and he can't get ahold of them either. My thought are they either don't need the business, or don't want it. Perhaps liability issues?

Been there. Done that. Funny thing is my uncle retired from ASRC as head of their maintenance department. Even THAT doesn't make any difference! I asked him once, "uncle Red, what can I do to speak with someone at ASRC?" Even he didn't seem to know.

Every single person or job role listed there is to do with production, operations, safety, chemistry, maintenance, etc.

The reason you can't find anybody to talk to you there is because sales are done out of another office.

PBAN is not available in small quantities newly manufactured. There is plenty of surplus PBAN around that has an expired shelf life but quite functional.

It’s owned by Michelin. Here’s a phone number I found: (502) 449-8310. No idea who’s on the other end.

Edit: here’s another number. (502) 449-8300. That has the feel of a general number. Try that one first.

Thank you for the phone number/numbers. I have some Pban. And don't necessarily want to use it as a first source. Just want it as a backup and for special purpose motors. I realize what's out there IS still "functional" since what I have is probably 20 or more years old.

I currently buy my R 45-M HTPB from Cray Valley.

Back