Securing new launch site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You also took an ignorant potshot at my home state with political undertones, so forgive me for feeling a bit defensive.

What if we take very knowledgeable pot shots at your home state after living there for nearly 20 years? Seriously, it's probably my favorite place in the world, but I offer "constructive criticism" (and sometimes not so constructive) about various governments and politicians within its borders on the regular.

What if we take very knowledgeable pot shots at your home state after living there for nearly 20 years? Seriously, it's probably my favorite place in the world, but I offer "constructive criticism" (and sometimes not so constructive) about various governments and politicians within its borders on the regular.
That’s a bit different, I engage in it myself. A little off-topic for this thread and the forum though. Maybe if we ever meet on the range and I decide I’m up for it.

So, rather annoying development: The park is closed in June and July for unspecified “maintenance”, presumably letting the grass grow out a bit instead of being trampled underfoot. It did look a bit brown in some places. The gate was locked with a big “fields closed” sign on it.

Admittedly, not the greatest thing to happen at this time, but at least this was scheduled and planned, instead of the result of something I did.

I’m going to be patient, ride it out, keep a close eye on the field, and if it does indeed stay closed over the next few months, see what August looks like. Maybe reserving was just difficult because of the known closure.

Either way, I see no need at this point to start over again and select a different site. I should get a pretty good picture of seasonal availability over the next year or so.

Back