Patriot Missile Paint Scheme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
In our hobby, there are many different models of Patriots, and they all seem to have this color scheme:

Madcow Patriot.jpg

Whenever I look around the net at the real ones, they are almost always like this:

Patriot_NM_02.jpg

Do any of you military experts know what the deal is?

the first photo shows a patriot in a testing paint scheme (shows up nice in photos), 2nd pic is the as deployed item. since they are normally kept in a box until launch where you can't see them...there is little need for a fancy paint scheme(plus it would interfere with the ablative coating).
rex

I was at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center last Friday and got these pictures of the Patriot. I also have a picture some where that shows a picture of a deployed Patriot that is painted all flat black. No the best lighting on these pics, but you get the idea.

IMG_2620_zps7aca75d2.jpg

IMG_2618_zps1efb256f.jpg

IMG_2617_zpsa1a013d2.jpg

I was at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center last Friday and got these pictures of the Patriot. I also have a picture some where that shows a picture of a deployed Patriot that is painted all flat black. No the best lighting on these pics, but you get the idea.

IMG_2620_zps7aca75d2.jpg

IMG_2618_zps1efb256f.jpg

IMG_2617_zpsa1a013d2.jpg

Interesting....it looks like the fins almost reach all the way to the tail, and that there is almost no tail cone, unlike the old Estes Patriot Pro.

FC

Interesting....it looks like the fins almost reach all the way to the tail, and that there is almost no tail cone, unlike the old Estes Patriot Pro.

FC

The fins stop about an 1/2" from the bottom of the boat tail. The boat tail doesn't taper very much at all.

Back