Original paint schemes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpoehlein

Reaction score
I was looking around on YORS the other day, and found the original decal for the Estes Gnome posted. I think that one was actually cooler looking than the current blue and silver bird that they sell now. So a little paint (I found that Tamiya Acrylic Light Green was a pretty good match for the original colors) and a printed decal and I've got a bit different rocket from the usual! (OK, the bright green/red/white color scheme IS a bit gaudy, but I still like it better than the dull silver thing they have now.) Oh, and I did cheat a bit - I cut a new length of plain BT rather than trying to paint over the silver one - I may use that to make a micro clone of the Quasar using the 220 Swift nose cone.

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm doing the same for the Alpha III - always did prefer the red/white version to the current orange and black!

Greg

Sweet! If I'm not mistaken, that's the paint scheme for that kit from the mid/late '80s!

Back