Pink Sapphire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
We've all seen the Blue Sapphire and then the Red Sapphire. I decided to build my own take on it and so it had to be a different color. I had a can of pink spray so that's what I chose.

This is upscaled to BT-55. When I saw the first images of the Blue Sapphire it wasn't completely clear how the fins were made and I wasn't even sure if it was 3 fins or 6 fins. It soon became clear that the original was 3 fins but I decided to build mine with 6. Other than the color I scaled the paint scheme from the originals. I just untaped it this morning, hasn't flown yet. With the fin shapes I will want to fly it on a calm day when there is a good amount of grass on our field.IMG_5474r.jpgIMG_5475r.jpgIMG_5473r.jpg

I have a 3 inch upscale of the Sapphire planned and one of the reasons I haven't built it yet is the paint scheme. I haven't figured out a look that I want to go with but this looks really good. Nice job.

Back