Oh Canada launches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRC

Reaction score
Who here is planning on launching rockets on Canada Day?(tues July 1)
I got to go to a wedding at 4pm, but I really want to go launch a few rockets since I'm taking the day off, even though it looks like I'd be alone, plus all the fields need to be hayed so there are uber long & park fields are being used for the fireworks and parties.....it wont be easy to get out & fly some rockets this Canada day for me.
I wish I could arrange to launch before the fireworks.....a G106 skidmark & a G88 smokey sam would start the show off nice.:cool:

Happy Canada day all my fellow canucks!!!

Happy Canada day! Gloriously sunny (but WAY too hot of a day) here. Hopefully gonna go see the fireworks tonight!:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Happy Canada day to all our neighbors up north!!

Nate

Too late for this year but if anyone makes it to our nation's capital on Canada Day, you should check out the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum. For the last four years the Ottawa Rocketry Group has been putting on rocket displays for the public and we include a few flight demos as well. Naturally with the limited space we have we can't launch any bigger rockets so to compensate we have a larger sizes saucer that we fly on G's. Nice enough to thrill the crowds and the slower saucer gives a nice load roar. We also throw in a few A or 1/2A Alphas for good measure. This year the weather was particularly bad, but even with the tornado warning in the afternoon, we were still able to get in a few flights in the morning.

Back