Scottsville Ky launch report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrightme43

It's much later than it seems.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I took my son to the Allen Co. Fairground. The wind was forecast at 1 mph, increasing to 5-6 mph by 10 am ENE wind. Clear and upper 60's.

We took skychicken on a c6-5, space corvette c6-5, baby bertha (gold member) on a b6-4, long ranger b6-4, and athena b6-4.
All five launches were recovered. One almost at our feet.
Two over a fence but with access from another section of the park.
The space corvette is way to far past apogee on a 5 delay. 3 would be much better.

My son Aurick was launch command. Lol hey yelled "Rock Off!!" instead of lift off but it was great.

He bounced out of bed ready to go at 630 am. Just Dad and Son time today.

I am a absolutely blessed man.

We are having a nice breakfast now.

One day I will tell the story of how he exists. It is a amazing story of two years of prayer.

Steve

Attachments

• 16954769381861613573671865404725.jpg
    16954769381861613573671865404725.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I was guy with the two daughters, on son, my wife, and the blue toyota tacoma.

I am very excited, I have Cherokee E to launch on D and E motors, a Aspire to launch on E and F motors, and I will have the Wolverine done to launch on G motors in my super cool new 29/40-120 case.

I have never launched anything over a C6-5.

The next launch IF the wind is good, I hope launch D twice, E twice, F twice, and G once or twice if I can get another case before launch day.

On that note, it seems like loading reloadable motors outside, could easily lead to motor failure. Most people load them at home, right?

The next launch IF the wind is good, I hope launch D twice, E twice, F twice, and G once or twice if I can get another case before launch day.

On that note, it seems like loading reloadable motors outside, could easily lead to motor failure. Most people load them at home, right?
You can do it.
it's just easier to do it at home laying the parts out on the dining room table:D

Back