Notice to Dr. Who Fans!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Sorry guys this is mainly for the Canadian member and member like me near the Canadian border that can get their TV. Although...I think you can get it on satilite.

New episode Dec. 26 at 7:00 P.M. Eastern time (I think).

Oh yes! :D

Mr Tennant looks just as good a Doctor as Mr Ecclestone was ... less of the Yosser, more of a Javis Cocker side to him.

The aliens looked a little 'Red Dwarf', but appart from that the Xmas Invasion episode was a classic. The first Dr Who Xmas special since the embaressingly cheesy 'Feast of Stephen' during the Dalek's Master Plan back in Hartnall's era. Best bit (for me) was the 1/2min of clips from the new series; giving us the first Russell T Davis stylee glimpses of a Cyberman, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 (who, I'm glad to say, hasn't changed)!!!! :D :D

And who played 'spot the old costumes' during the Dr's wander round the Tardis's wardrobe? I definatly spotted a long stripy scarf and a very Trougton-esque looking coat.

Originally posted by cydermaster
Best bit (for me) was the 1/2min of clips from the new series; giving us the first Russell T Davis stylee glimpses of a Cyberman, Sarah Jane Smith and K9 (who, I'm glad to say, hasn't changed)!!!! :D :D.

I don't give a hoot about K9. What I wanna know is how does SJS (Elisabeth Sladen) look? Gosh, it's been 30 years (of course I only first saw her 25 years ago). She's sort of my British Teri Garr. Well, her and Felicity Kendall.

Or did the parenthesis belong to SJS and not K9?

Originally posted by cydermaster
Oh yes! :D

Mr Tennant looks just as good a Doctor as Mr Ecclestone was ... less of the Yosser, more of a Javis Cocker side to him.

Jury's still out for me. Tennant spent most of the episode asleep. As for being like Jarvis Cocker, while he has the look, the accent is "well saaarf".

Man, this is all so much torture for me... Wish someone could bring the new stuff a little further south of the border than Canada.

Elizabeth Sladen was kind of a British Terri Garr wasn't she? I am looking forward to maybe seeing that appearance, in maybe a year or three or six here....

*cough* *cough* BitTorrent *cough* eMule *cough* *cough* ;)

As for SJS - from the clip, she looks the same but with wrinkles :( At least the BBC haven't wiped the old episodes with her during her 'Salad Days' ;) (infact the beeb did wipe/loose some of the Pertwee era eps she was in, but other TV stations had copies so they could be remastered)

Back