SDRJ South Dakota - 2021 ZOOM planning meeting - Feb27th, 3pm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHaase

Reaction score
2021 Season Kickoff - ZOOM meeting.
Greetings to SDRJ members and aspirants! Rocket season is coming!

Time for us to have an organizational meeting to get things sorted for the upcoming flying season. Since COVID is still a concern, we're going to do this meeting via ZOOM, to make sure everybody who is interested can attend. We'll be chatting rockets of course, but we'll also be setting the flying schedule for the season and checking up on everybody to make sure the club as a group is doing what you're interested in. Feel free to share with anybody you think may be interested as well. The only reason I won't send the invite via an e-mail blast is to keep trolls and pranksters out. Anybody who is interested in attending the ZOOM meeting, just shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] (or a PM here at TRF) and I'll make sure you get the invite link.

Meeting will be Saturday, February 27th, at 3pm. Since it's virtual, it'll be anywhere you have internet access. Cameras aren't required, and if you just want to listen-in that's fine too. May run a couple hours depending on how chatty we get. Feel free to share your projects or goals for the year. I know there's a couple more cert flights being prepared in the off-season, and I know there are some neat builds going on.

If yo haven't used ZOOM yet, it's a video chat system that works via your computer, tablet, or smart phone. Generally you just click the link in the invite email and follow the pop-up instructions. If you need a hand, just let me know ahead of time and I'll help you get it sorted out. (Or ask a school-aged kid, they're using it a lot for classwork the past year.)

Here's some of the critical topics we need to cover for the upcoming year:

1: Club officer elections. - I'm perfectly happy to keep going as President, but it's up to you guys, and we also want to make sure everybody gets a say. It's also a chance for others who might want to change spots, step up, or step down, to show their interest. If anybody has any nominations, or wishes to run for an office, just shoot me an e-mail and we'll put it up for vote.

2: Launch schedules. - Communicating the schedule and making sure there's no major conflicts.

3: Flying preferences - I'd like to get a feel for what everybody wants to fly, and make sure nobody is being excluded.

4: Club finances - We do need to start working this out, and 2021 we're going to have some form of dues or launch fee's. Now is the time to speak up!

5: Club equipment - Taking inventory and planning future purchases / upgrades.

6: Show and Tell! - I know I'm not the only one building something for the new season.

7: Launch safety procedures. - We'll likely be having more spectators and flyers this season, so we need to nail down procedures to cope.

8: Tripoli? - Hypothetical topic, but seeing if anybody is interested in us also extending to being a Tripoli prefect. Time permitting on this.
-Hans

Back