North Coast Rocketry (original ncr)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't see those. The Darkstar motors were an Estes product. Just like you won't see Estes-NCR Interceptor G's or Bomarc's re-released.

I thought there was a version of the Bomarc that pre-dated the Estes buyout?

-Kevin

You won't see those. The Darkstar motors were an Estes product. Just like you won't see Estes-NCR Interceptor G's or Bomarc's re-released.

I was wondering along those same lines... I thought Estes owned the rights to NCR.:confused:

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. Lemme go ahead and pre-order one of everything :)

I was wondering along those same lines... I thought Estes owned the rights to NCR.:confused:

Originally Posted by Ltvscout

You are correct about the Interceptor G but not about the Bomarc. The Bomarc is a military craft that no one can claim a copy right or trade mark to. Scott

Scott,

I had always presumed Estes had bought the rights to all of North Coast, but obviously that's not the case.

Could either you or Matt give us the correct history?

I gotta say the Bomarc and the Juno 1 are my favorites.

A Large Juno would be cool, but i think look at what sells

I would think that a little katana or the viking II, basically something that is intro into multiple motor launches...

As far as likes go i really likeed the looks of the Brightstar and the Lance beta

I thought there was a version of the Bomarc that pre-dated the Estes buyout?

-Kevin

There deffinately was. Note in the First Picture, in the middle, the early Jet Nacelle Nose Cones, made from the Aero Foam

Early NCR Bomarc 002.jpg

Early NCR Bomarc 003.jpg

Early NCR Bomarc 004.jpg

I'd be interested in the Viking or Brightstar (with motor mounts in the strap on boosters), the Katana, and the Black Hole Betty.

I am pleased to announce that I am working with Scott and Just Rockets on the re-release of a number of North Coast Rocketry products in the near future. We have a lot of details to work out, but I am confident that Scott will be able to offer the excitement that NCR kits offered, updated with modern techniques and materials.

Just so you know.... Estes licensed product rights from North Coast Rocketry from 1995 to 1998; the Just Rockets line of NCR products will be those that were not co-developed during the "NCR by Estes" years. So, you won't be seeing the DarkStar motors (sorry!), Laserfire igniters, the Interceptor G, the Maxi-X Wing, or the never-released Orbit.

However, we will be looking at the whole line of over 100 kits (including the 8" diameter kits and the competition models, as well as the 1/72 Space Shuttle) to determine what to bring to market. So, please lets us know what you are interested in seeing.

I am excited to be working with Scott to bring NCR back to market.

Matt

Just Rockets,Inc is please to announce that we have just finished all negotiations with Matt Steele and have purchased the original North Coast Rocketry in it's entirety. We do not anticipate the release of any NCR kits until later in the year. Third or fourth quarter. There is a lot of work to do with retooling etc. Don will be building the new North Coast Rocketry website soon and it will be www.northcoastrocketry.com. We are in hope's that this is a great move forward for Just Rockets,Inc and will be welcomed by the rocketry community. If any of you have any imput or what kit's you would like to see first Please just let us know. You can leave all comments of course here, or at [email protected] or at [email protected]. Thanks and stay tuned

I'd be interested in the Viking or Brightstar (with motor mounts in the strap on boosters), the Katana, and the Black Hole Betty.

Mark,
I have the BrightHawk with motor mounts in the pods. Great flyer.

There are now officially too many "Scotts" posting and being addressed in this thread and I am confused... I had always thought "Bill" was the most common rocketeer name.

I am pleased to announce that I am working with Scott and Just Rockets on the re-release of a number of North Coast Rocketry products in the near future...

...I am excited to be working with Scott to bring NCR back to market.

Matt

Thank you Matt and Scott, for bringing NCR back to us. I am looking forward to doing business with you soon...again! :D

Johnnie

Thanks for bringing NCR back guys!

I would like to get my hands on: Black Hole Betty, Lance Beta, Quasar NG, Brighthawk, SA-14 Archer XL, Viking, Big Brute and Hobgoblin among others. Would you like me to hand over my check card now, or will you also be accepting first-born children as payment? ;)

OH NO!!!!! The value of all of those original NCR [not Estes] kits in my basement just took a nosedive!!!!! :cry::rotflol::banghead:

Well anyway, welcome back, guys!

OH NO!!!!! The value of all of those original NCR [not Estes] kits in my basement just took a nosedive!!!!! :cry::rotflol::banghead:

Eh? Would your original Mona Lisa take a nose dive if they mass produced 10,000 new copies?:surprised:

Well, it's a good thing they're not coming out with things until 3rd/4th quarter '08 - gives me time to save up some money. ;)

Eh? Would your original Mona Lisa take a nose dive if they mass produced 10,000 new copies?:surprised:

Well Fred,
Orbital Transports, Scissor Wings, Red Maxes and Interceptors did... Maybe if there was only ONE of each of those original kits in existence...;)

Definitely have interest in the 1/72 Space Shuttle, bring that one back. Also the Archer with cluster power sounds interesting.

Glenn

There are now officially too many "Scotts" posting and being addressed in this thread and I am confused...

Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.

First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?

Michael: No, it's Michael.

Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.

Third Bruce: Mind if we call you "Bruce" to keep it clear?

:rotflol: Python FTW!

There are now officially too many "Scotts" posting and being addressed in this thread and I am confused... I had always thought "Bill" was the most common rocketeer name.

Yes, but will the value of original Scotts take a nosedive because of it?

I was poking fun at myself for my overly-full basement.

Latest posts

Back