Hobgoblin by north coast rocketry question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam3836

Reaction score
Does anyone have any input or opinions on the hobgoblin rocket from north coast rocketry
The kit is 2.64" in diameter, 45" long, and weighs 13.5 ounces I am interested in it but want to get the general vibe going about it ?
looks cool

Thanks

John Dyer of Red River Rocketry bought the NCR Hobgoblin at NARCON 2019 and flew it last October at the DARS launch. It was on a G motor, I don't recall the designation but it was single use. He appeared to have enjoyed the build and the flight.

Chas

Attachments

• Hobgoblin and Dyer.jpg
    Hobgoblin and Dyer.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
John Dyer of Red River Rocketry bought the NCR Hobgoblin at NARCON 2019 and flew it last October at the DARS launch. It was on a G motor, I don't recall the designation but it was single use. He appeared to have enjoyed the build and the flight.

Chas

thanks for sharing that info

Of course, although you would need to reef it, you would also need the 36" NCR parachute. Worked great on a PSII Nike Smoke and Jolly Logic Chute Release.

Side note: I worked for North Coast '93-'94 after retiring from the Air Force. The 8" Hobgoblin and 8" Korona were available, but it was difficult getting the fiberglass nose cones. Long lead times.

Chas

Attachments

• NCR Parachute.jpg
    NCR Parachute.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 25
Back