• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nitebows are coming.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I take it that no PM's are valid until you say "GO" on Sunday night, correct?

Their kind of like the line at a Black Friday sale, so, their good, I'm just waiting on parts and have no reason to start sorting thru PM's yet. like I said FCFS order.

How many LED's were used to create the effects seen in this video?

[video=youtube_share;-8cv6zYCLJs]https://youtu.be/-8cv6zYCLJs[/video]

How long do they last on a single charge? What do they use as a power supply?

Thanks
Jim

The only night launches I have attended limited the total impulse to not more than a G motor. So all of the night rockets I have built have been mid power. You may want to consider the anticipated launch site when designing your rocket.

I would love to get in line for one of these too. I have the NC and fiberglass tube ready and waiting.

The only night launches I have attended limited the total impulse to not more than a G motor. So all of the night rockets I have built have been mid power. You may want to consider the anticipated launch site when designing your rocket.

We got a waiver to 4K on ours. Did a 38/720 Metalstorm at night :dark:

All the different color combinations are done with one LED. The different light/color sequences are selected with a push button. It's so bright you can't look directly at it for more than a second or two. I used a 9v battery and it will last for hrs.

So what exactly do we get for the $35 ? I tried searching for nitebow posts and thru google but can't seem to find exactly what "nitebow" is other than the obvious lit up rocket for night launches. Is it one LED on a board or more or what? Sorry if this was covered somewhere and I missed it.

It is an LED mounted on a small board with an on + off button to choose any of the 30 [I think, the old one was 20] patterns that have been programed into it.

Not just any LED, but the mother of all of them! It contains 3 elements and can do over 500 colors, kinda like how your TV does.

I am really curious as to the new combos, my favorite is "Police" which flashes Red-Blue, is one of the best for long distance viewing....and "Rainbow" which fades slowly color to color....red-pink-tangerine-orange-yellow-green-lime green-blue- turquoise- purple-violet, then keeps repeating. Maybe not in that exact order, but their all in there!

The brightness of the thing is what is so amazing. Don will have to give ya all the high tech mumbo jumbo. I just like how it works for hours & hours on a 9v battery. Now I have something to use all those altimeter batteries [that only get used a couple of times] on.

Funny true story:

After a night launch last year, I just threw rocket on my dash & headed to the hotel, where I would clean it up & turn it off. Had not put a power switch on yet. Just clipped battery on& powered up.

Apparently the Hotel manager happened to be looking out the window as I approached. [it's about 1/2 mile from road to room] he saw what he thought was the police going around back with lights on.[ I was using "Police" program]
He went knocking door to door wanting to know what the disturbance & who called the Po-Po.

When he got to my room he saw me through the window working on my night-flier...blinking away. Luckily they know all about our rocket club as we stay there every month.....so he just laughed and went on his way!

I need a super bright, pulsating red - for a Red Alert rocket to complement Wayco's Warp Core Breach.

Kenny

dlb, would the new (and perhaps old) Nitebow (v2.0 or v3.0?) be Lipo compatible? I am thinking that a large-ish 7.4V Lipo would double the run time, plus being able to use a rechargeable battery is a nice option. I've got the v1.0 Nitebow in a night flyer, and I am trying to think of a new configuration where I could use BOTH to light up the sky in one rocket.

For those who have not seen this in person, a couple of years ago I did a 4300' AGL flight at night with the original Nitebow and kept the rocket in sight, continuously, from launch until walking up to the rocket about a 3/4 mile away and shutting off the light (that was blinding me) 30 minutes later...awesome. And that was with a 54mm FW airframe & a LOC nosecone--may be better with a 3-4" (clear) FW airframe and a FW nosecone as well. Then again, uncolored fiberglass airframes are getting harder to come by these days...

I guess it would be close to saying the sale will start Sunday evening, 8ish, gone this weekend and next weekend is a Launch in Orangeburg.
I received over 20 PM's so far
WOW, better make some more! hahahaha

First come first served bases, Except from those that have Purchased the NC/AF combo's from me, they get to jump line.

I will be making more in the next few weeks.

Need to set my alarm for a reminder.

Which time zone will the 8ish apply to?
I guess it would be close to saying the sale will start Sunday evening, 8ish, gone this weekend and next weekend is a Launch in Orangeburg.
I received over 20 PM's so far
WOW, better make some more! hahahaha

First come first served bases, Except from those that have Purchased the NC/AF combo's from me, they get to jump line.

I will be making more in the next few weeks.

All the winner have been informed.
Only one per customer this round. Trying to spread them round for now.
Really did not expect this kind of response. Thanks
More will be ordered in the next week. With a rough 3 week turn around time.
I will inform all the remaining persons of their choices in a PM.
The next pass will be 36 boards.

Again THANKS:y:

Here's a few photo's to show size of the unit.
Next batch coming in will have reprogramming easy and maybe even listen to the telemetry and display colors base on Altitude or events.

I like to thank everybody for the BIG responses I've had.
Packages will be going out tomorrow.
:cool:

DSC04795.jpg

2013-02-23_09-47-54_602.jpg

2013-02-23_09-48-21_479.jpg

2013-02-23_09-47-40_992.jpg

Payment sent
Thanks Don
God I hate 30" of snow and -16F

Next batch coming in will have reprogramming easy and maybe even listen to the telemetry and display colors base on Altitude or events.

How will the units in this batch be re-programmed for the various patterns? (I don't see the shunt in the photo)

Last edited:
bottom side of the board, with an include shunt , when not changing the patterns, you just store it on one of the pins.

just a touch on the shunt pins to change to the next program, if ya like the pattern you're viewing, store the shunt and wait for 10 seconds and it's auto stored, so the next time you turn it on it has the same pattern.
patterns have increased in amount of them to their new complex patterns.

as far as completely re-programming or adding new patterns , they come back to me.

Last edited:
Back