Nike-Boosted Rockets: A Graphic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
I was thinking about Nike-boosted sounding rockets recently, and so I decided to gather up all my completed drawings, copy and paste, and add some color. They are laid out in no particular order, because I didn't feel like chasing down first-flight dates for all of them. And I make no claims of completeness--these are the rockets that I have actually drawn up so far, selected because I could find complete scale data for them. I hope you find these interesting:

Attachments

• Nike Centerfold 13.GIF
    Nike Centerfold 13.GIF
    329 KB · Views: 7
Thank you! Thats outstanding. My son crawled up in my lap, and " I wanna build that one!" "I want that one!"

Now he has wandered off to try to con Momma out of a cookie.

Vunderschon.

I've done the Nike Apache and Nike Tomahawk, and 'sport' 4-fin Nike Nike Smoke.

I've got the BB8 ready to fly - but didn't get it in the air this season.

And I've given a lot of thought to a Nike Nike Deacon. Printed a nosecone for it - but wedging in the electronics seems mighty tough.

Building them all would be a worthy project.

Most all a built, except my 4" one. My Estes 3" ones are now my favorite. I even still have the Quest Nike Smoke I flew on a D21 18mm motor at NyPower some years ago. I still keep finding it. I have a few replacements of that kit should I lose it.

I have the Estes Nike Apache I need to paint the fins on and put decals on. It's all white right now. I think I am going to paint the fins with quality Tamia Brush Paint.

Awesome Peter! I love Nike boosted rockets. Especially the earlier ones like Cajun, Asp, Apache, and Tomahawk. Especially the fat head Apache.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back