New Vendor Coming Soon!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I can launch a badazz rocket while drinking my badass coffee!

BAD%20ASS%20Logojpg.jpg

Did you know there was already a badass rocket (fireworks company)? Seems unlikely there would be any confusion though.

[
BadAssRocket1.jpg

Last edited:
Hawian coffee! Great!!

Just for the Record: Those are not my Rockets!!!!!!:grin:

That's Funny as crap! LOL Thank's for the post Bro!!!!

Here are some pics of Eric's fins.

He did this custom set of airfoiled fin for my minimum diam. 54 project over in high power.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=22533

After I saw the fins on his kits I had him make these for me. All fins on the kits are = to these or better. Even the guides have tapered slots.

These are diamond airfoiled. You can see the layers of G-10 peeled, just like plywood looks at the bevel. They were made from 1/8in G-10 plate.

Drawing the fins are made from.

Fin standing vertical where overall tapers are easy to see.

Picture 2.png

100_8896.jpg

Attachments

• 100_8902.jpg
    100_8902.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_8904.jpg
    100_8904.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_8907.jpg
    100_8907.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 8
Eric or Jim,

Who did the fin drawing and what was it done on?

Eric,

I was curious what software he used. I should have been more specific.

I will send you a drawing. What format do you want? I want to get a fin guide like Jim has made. I will send you the specs when I get it done.

Chuck

I stole this from area 52... here's a sneak peak at a under 40.00 rocket from the line up. It's been tested and flies great.

Defender Mk II,

Fiberglass fins
Military styling, E-G Motors
Flies out of sight on F21!

CNC machined 24mm 6061 Boatail motor mount with retention. [aluminum]
CNC 6061 centering ring [aluminum]
CNC Machined pvc lugs [curved bottom to fit airframe]
CNC Machined Pvc Nosecone
CNC Machined 6061 bulkhead [aluminum]
12" light ripstop chute
Kelvar and Heavy duty shock cord
CNC machined .063 fiberglass fins
SS screws included

weighs 6 oz. built.

24mm motor mount

What ya'll think?

100_1331-1.jpg

Very cool. What is the dia. Length. Etc. Looks like great quality i mean an aluminum boat-tail and CR, fiberglass fins and an aluminum bulkhead for a 24mm kit is just to cool to be true. And for $30!!! Cant wait for the pics of the 29mm ones.

These kits look pretty cool. Can't wait to see more details.

When were you in the service? What branch?

Not a big fan of the nose cone but I'm loving the rest of it. Coming from a racing background, 6061 is your friend. Is it 29mm diam or 24?

Last edited:
For under 40 I wouldnt be able to find one thing wrong with it. It is different than whats out there now and we need more different. I got a feeling ill be adding a lot of bad azz kits to my collection once they are available.

Very cool. What is the dia. Length. Etc. Looks like great quality i mean an aluminum boat-tail and CR, fiberglass fins and an aluminum bulkhead for a 24mm kit is just to cool to be true. And for $30!!! Cant wait for the pics of the 29mm ones.

He will have to tell you that, I don't remember all the details. I think he did his Level 1 with this one.

Ok......... I guess I can show you the one I went swimming for, after stuffing the H-250 green in it.

Here's your sneak peak, but no more until Eric says so.

This one has true airfoiled fins on it!

Sure is purdy.

The tube fin design he has is the sexiest one I have EVER seen.
I'll see if he will let me post that one later.

100_1370-1 copy.jpg

These kits look pretty cool. Can't wait to see more details.

When were you in the service? What branch?

I was in the Navy (Never Again Volunteer Yourself) LOL!!!

Suffice it to say LONG ago.
FC's favorite words, "Bird's Away"

Thanks to You Sir for serving now! Fair winds and Following Seas.

Last edited:
That second one is a beauty, especially the fins! I'm with El Cheapo on the Defender, don't like the nosecone. Not sure what is holding it onto the launch rod too? Are you using external screws to hold the centering rings in?
Your fin designs are awesome though, I would get a kit just for that....

I think I want an upscale of that first one. With a longer nose cone.

I'll be patient. Need to give Eric some time to get the business setup.:wink:

Fin design on that first one is indeed way cool, Eric!

I'm with the others, in not being a fan of the nosecone. Just seems too short for that rocket.

I love the creativity with the fins!

-Kevin

I think the aspect of these shots don't represent the Nosecone well. I'll shoot a straight on ,side view in the morning. I'm gonna do a build thread shoot.

I wanted a blunt but round nose for this rocket. I was going for a Navy Trident look. Not scale just similar. Don't worry though, I have a New Baby planned for the 24mmframe and the 29mm frame in honor of my Bro CJ!:cool:

Not minimum diameter but it will still get up there.
The nose cone will be a BaddAzz original (Von KickAzz trademarked). :headbang:The Crazy One has been spilling beans on me so I have some Payback Planned!!! :dark::dark:

Get ready for some fun! :cheers::grin:

Kits look really kewl sorry for not reading back through the thread but are they FG or CB or PT? Also will you have recovery goodies, buttons, nomex, chute options etc...I never think to order those things when I'm getting supplies so helps to haveit advertised "in my face" lol btw the fins do rock...great to see some things other than 3FNC coming. Good luck!

I'm liking the enthusiasm. You going to be up and running for SS in July?

That second one is a beauty, especially the fins! I'm with El Cheapo on the Defender, don't like the nosecone. Not sure what is holding it onto the launch rod too? Are you using external screws to hold the centering rings in?
Your fin designs are awesome though, I would get a kit just for that....

Those are pvc launch lugs! The frame is PVC, I had to make a conformal lug from same material

Kits look really kewl sorry for not reading back through the thread but are they FG or CB or PT? Also will you have recovery goodies, buttons, nomex, chute options etc...I never think to order those things when I'm getting supplies so helps to haveit advertised "in my face" lol btw the fins do rock...great to see some things other than 3FNC coming. Good luck!

The larger kits will have Rail buttons. I will include nomex but I have not priced it yet. These are the things I forget too.

I'm liking the enthusiasm. You going to be up and running for SS in July?

I should be.

Guys did I miss it? What type of tubeing is being used for the kits? I do know he's useing a well made chute. Thanks CJ for giving him our number.
Gary

Guys did I miss it? What type of tubeing is being used for the kits? I do know he's useing a well made chute. Thanks CJ for giving him our number.
Gary

Your Welcome Gary.... I figured he might as well use the best chutes [Topflight] for these kits! Yep folks, these kits come standard with Topflight recovery gear!

Airframes are PVC he machines to thin wall so they are light.

Cj
With his building back ground can or would he build launch pads. I get asked a lot where can I get a good launch pad. Plus as you know a lot of clubs could up date some of their launch pads. Just another idea for bussiness for Bad Azz Rocketry. Plus CJ thanks for the kind words about our chutes. What did you think of the the chutes I tested at Wallcott?
Gary

That is also a good business. There are only a few left out there.

:bang:
Cj
With his building back ground can or would he build launch pads. I get asked a lot where can I get a good launch pad. Plus as you know a lot of clubs could up date some of their launch pads. Just another idea for bussiness for Bad Azz Rocketry. Plus CJ thanks for the kind words about our chutes. What did you think of the the chutes I tested at Wallcott?
Gary

Launch Pads are going up on site. The one in the photo is a prototype. There are changes/improvements before release.
Some changes are functional, though a couple are cosmetic.

Here are a couple of better shots of the nosecone. I hope you all like it better.

Look for the build: BaddAzz Rocketry "Defender MkII"
:w::wave:

Please Don't beat on my Head about the Launch Lugs!!!:bang:
I'm redesigning them for a cleaner less bulky part!!:horse:

506.jpg

100_1339.jpg

507.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of going up on the site, when is the site going up? Also, what diameter is the Defender MkII? I picked up some epoxy today. Ready to build! :D

I like the nose cones, there a bit heavier, which may help on the rocket length being short. I find them to be stong and for me and the best part "their clear". I allready found a great uses for them.

Hats off to Eric for coming up with a truely unique designs.

NiteBow_Cheap.jpg

I like the nose cones, there a bit heavier, which may help on the rocket length being short. I find them to be stong and for me and the best part "their clear". I allready found a great uses for them.

Hats off to Eric for coming up with a truely unique designs.

Thank You Kindly Sir! Back at you for the Lightning Show!!!

Latest posts

Back