New Rocket Company

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS-we are in the LPR forum. I thought the original comment was pretty clear that there are a plethora of HPR suppliers and this post was therefore not actually addressing HPR in any way.

I interpreted the skilled reference to builder LPR being in contrast to the abundance of RTF and starter LPR, which do not fully exercise a builder’s skills.

This is the LPR sub forum, while many folks participate in both, the subject here was clearly focused on LPR and more specifically builders vs RTF LPR type kits.

It does take some skill to tie a chute onto a shock cord though, right? I mean don’t bash RTF kits, you gotta start somewhere. :).

Sounds like a great idea, good luck! Dr. Zooch left a big gap to fill with his great collection of fun LPR builder kits in an ant-size set of historical space rockets. I wish I could have collected them all when they were still in production.

I have your wish about the Dr Zooch kits also. I have always thought it would be nice to have a place to find the plans and measurements for the tubes and someone would do 3D files for the nose cones.
I guess these are the things dreams are made of.

I have your wish about the Dr Zooch kits also. I have always thought it would be nice to have a place to find the plans and measurements for the tubes and someone would do 3D files for the nose cones.
I guess these are the things dreams are made of.
Ok what nosecone do you lot need now. Flick me a sketch

It is with great happiness that I announce the creation of CGK Rockets. It is in the very early stages and we currently only have ideas for kits.

Welcome to the party!
Do you have a web site with perspective designs?

The first line we are hoping to produce is our armada line. This line will hopefully include 3 Cold War-era jet-style models such as a MiG 25 type model an F15 model and U2 model. Those are the primary rockets as of now but in the future, we plan to offer many plane-themed low power rockets.

Plane-inspired rockets are fun. I love building them.
U2 has humongous wings, which will pose interesting structural and scaling challenges.

Too many HPR Companies and not enough Builder LPR companies. Thanks
LPR is for the skilled

Allow me to adjust the greeting on top of my message - Welcome to the Inquisition!

a

CKaul04, I wish You the best of luck with Your start up! since I grew up just across the Mississippi from Mc Donnell Aircraft Company, I saw a lot of F-4 Phantoms and F-15 Eagles fly over our house as a kid. I would love to see You bring back the F-4 Phantom II as a kit. If You do, might I suggest that You not only issue it as an Air Force F-4E kit, but for those of us who served in Nam in the Navy, as an F-4B kit. I know that I'd buy both types! At the time Centuri put their kits out, I was busy raising 4 kids and that took all my spare cash. Now that I'm 68 and retired, I can afford them! LOL!!! Again, Good Luck, please keep us posted, and... Cheers!

This line will hopefully include 3 Cold War-era jet-style models such as a MiG 25 type model an F15 model and U2 model.
Please, oh please, make the F15 with a 29 mm MMT so it can take an F15.

After looking this morning I think the LEO needs another coat of clear. I like winged models, my first one was this xerkonian Destroyer from the 80s I think. It's been fixed and repaired a few times and now it hangs in my granddaughters room.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachments/20220202_085745-jpg.502741/https://www.rocketryforum.com/attachments/20211201_161500-jpg.502742/
Purrrdy.

Back