"New" Estes V-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketcrab

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been covered in a previous thread [I did search but couldn't find one], but does anyone know if the current Estes 2.6" diameter V-2 is a re-release of the one from the 80's-90's period or a new design?

It's a new design, not the same as the Maxi Brute of that era, nice rocket though, have mine 99% finished, haven't finished the top of the cammo scheme I did...

It is similar to the Estes V-2 #1926 kit and Estes Canadian Arrow #2188 kit, both of which were 2.60" diameter (BT-80) airframes. It's a semi-scale rocket, in that the fins are larger and have a slightly different shape than the scale fins.

Greg

It is similar to the Estes V-2 #1926 kit and Estes Canadian Arrow #2188 kit, both of which were 2.60" diameter (BT-80) airframes. It's a semi-scale rocket, in that the fins are larger and have a slightly different shape than the scale fins.

Greg

Thanks. I was wondering because I have a couple of the #1926 versions stashed away somewhere. From the catalog photo, the nose cone on the new one looks more acurate than the older one [read: pointy].

As far as I can tell It's the same kit, same nose cone, same tail cone, same fins, etc. The only real differences that I can tell are the decals, laser cutting, a nifty fin alignment jig and the launch lug placement.

As far as I can tell It's the same kit, same nose cone, same tail cone, same fins, etc. The only real differences that I can tell are the decals, laser cutting, a nifty fin alignment jig and the launch lug placement.

I agree ,the old kit had die cut fins as opposed to laser cut and the decals were 'stick on" decals and somewhat different(hatches ,a number and a couple of blk/wht little roll pattern things) ,this kit only comes with a decal black stripe ,but otherwise the same thing.

I could be wrong ,and going on memory ,as my original is still hanging in an old poplar tree.

A great kit none the less ,and several should be had ( I have 2 and one built):wink:

Paul T

I agree ,the old kit had die cut fins as opposed to laser cut and the decals were 'stick on" decals and somewhat different(hatches ,a number and a couple of blk/wht little roll pattern things) ,this kit only comes with a decal black stripe ,but otherwise the same thing.

I could be wrong ,and going on memory ,as my original is still hanging in an old poplar tree.

A great kit none the less ,and several should be had ( I have 2 and one built):wink:

Paul T

Have they reissued the Pershing as well man that would be nice:)
cheers
fred

I think this kit is one of the better bargains available from Estes. Hobbylinc has these for $17? Would be great for future fantasy kitbash fodder.

cheers
fred
That would be great. Though badly underpowered even with D engines. I have built an flown the new V2 several times. It flys beautifully, straight as an arrow.

cheers
fred

Cannot ever seeing that fine kit ever being re-issued ,ever.....and very sadly so !(lucky I have two)

A big Maxi-V2 would also be nice to see ,but too clone-able with other kit manufacs.

Maxi -HoJo another one probably never to be seen again.

The re-issue V-2 was a very smart move on Estes`s part ,going to sell a bunch ,as i already have two myself ,so it`s a cant`t lose deal for them.

Thanks Estes !

Paul t

Back