3D Printing Name That Printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
After a suggestion from a member, my Prusa MK3S+ will be printing parts for its future upgrade from an Mk3S+ and MK4. It has over 60,000 meters of filament used and of printing and over 25,000 hours of printing.

What should I name it? Seymour? HAL?

As a child I loved the story 'The Little Engine that Could'. Either that name exactly (even though its not a train. . . ) or maybe a variation. As we are from the same generation, you probably remember that story book as well.

Sandy.

As a child I loved the story 'The Little Engine that Could'. Either that name exactly (even though its not a train. . . ) or maybe a variation. As we are from the same generation, you probably remember that story book as well.

Sandy.
Also a good one.

OOOH, OOOH, OOOH!!!! I got another one.

Miles (as long as your printer is a boy, not a girl). Double meaning. It is a male name that originally meant soldier. That obviously relates well to you from your profession and the printer has soldiered on for quite some time. The second comes from Frost's poem 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening': "And miles to go before I sleep". You said the printer has done 60km, which is around 37 miles of filament and you are going to give it an upgrade and keep it going, so it has miles to go before it sleeps.

Sandy.

Sandy.
me to a 10/10 for 3y me, so I second that

Back