After years of making and flying sugar motors I managed to acquire ingredients for AP propellants and I also built a vacuum mixer. I started with small test motors and I was soon able to develop a 100mm diameter motor with 20kNs total impulse. This Saturday I made a first flight with this motor and it was successful. The propellant is slow burning, medium solids and the rocket is mostly made from aluminium. At apogee the payload section separates from motor section and descends in a flat spin at 165ft/s until 3000ft altitude when the 48˝ cross parachute is ejected slowing it down to 30ft/s. The only mishap was that the on-board camera stopped working minutes before launch, despite being thoroughly tested and charged the night before. After several unsuccessful attempts to get it working I decided to fly anyway, since there was no real option to repair it on the field.