Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From local farmer's market on a lazy Saturday afternoon last summer: my rendition of a Glen Campbell classic from 1977, the year of the first Star Wars movie the #1 box office hit in theaters near you, and was featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 movie in 2017, 40 years later.

Southern Nights

the little ascending/descending riff in that song is called the Jerry Reed turnaround, he was in the 2nd top hit movie of 1977, Smokey and the Bandit

Heck, Jerry Reed was even on Scooby Doo:

Last edited:
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

And to this day I still listen to them at least once a week!

Mark Knopfler is still the best guitar player EVER!

Gotta add Gordon Lightfoot and ABBA to the list as well, Harry Chapin, and of course Arlo Guthrie (Alices Restaraunt "27 8x10 colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back tellin' what each one was"...

Between Elton and Billy Joel, I'd struggle a bunch to decide upon the better player of the piano...and still likely not be able to decide.

Open up the YouTube video. At the bottom, you'll see an arrow bending up and to the right saying "Share." Click on that and a window will pop up. Click on the link that says "Copy" and then come back to TRF and right-click in the reply box and select "Paste." Voila!

Thanks very much.

Back