More Good Memories ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
With all of this sad news and shooting and killings for no rhyme or reason...
It is still good to know there are some good memories out there

America and Our fellow humans need to hear some good news or at least some
good memories

Please share some of your good memories... It does not need to be rocketry related
It can be a memory from your child hood or one from this week.

Share the good news for a change and brighten someone's day :bravo:

Bobby

Okay, I’ll go first.

Today I was hacking down chest high grass on the brushcutter when I noticed something with my pretty crap peripheral vision.

Easter Carpet Python about 2 metres (6ft) long. So, I get off the brushcutter and go talk to Mr Dangernoodle and ask him to move. Lethargic as he was he responded well to the request, heading out to an area already cut.

Something I have learned: If you didn’t learn anything today, YOU weren’t paying attention.

Snakes don’t understand English. He could have done anything he wanted - He decided to do what he wanted, and that worked for both of us.

Lessons:

Communication is universal. See how your vet nurse can tell your dog what they need to do?

Big lesson. Save a life. Mine, yours, a snake’s… Even if it scares you, perhaps simply because it scares you, push yourself.

Yep. That’s my wisdom for the day.

Reminds me of the time I swerved on a country back road to miss a good sized black snake
enjoying the warm paved surface. I stopped and was gonna back up and catch him and relocate him
in a nearby field . But some smuck comes driving up and runs over the snake on purpose .

Slowing down the passenger hollers at me saying dont worry we got him .Not wanting to escalate the
problem I just headed back to my car swearing under my breath . Just a harmless black snake in the wrong
place at the wrong time and meeting up with a carload of butt-holes !

I mentioned this in another thread, but it fits well with this one.
I'm always amazed when I build an Eggfinder and it works! It must be a minor miracle to find out that all those little electrons are finding their way through all the tiny components that I managed to solder onto that little board, and the result is a device that can tell me where my rocket is.
I built two Eggfinders this week, and they both worked!
A successful flight with any of our model rockets gives me the same thrill.

Reminds me of the time I swerved on a country back road to miss a good sized black snake
enjoying the warm paved surface. I stopped and was gonna back up and catch him and relocate him
in a nearby field . But some smuck comes driving up and runs over the snake on purpose .

Slowing down the passenger hollers at me saying dont worry we got him .Not wanting to escalate the
problem I just headed back to my car swearing under my breath . Just a harmless black snake in the wrong
place at the wrong time and meeting up with a carload of butt-holes !
I drove down a long straight highway to and from to work for some time. At one point someone had hit a large skunk. It lay on the fog line for three or four days in the hot summer sun. On the way home one day I was following a jacked truck and just knew they were going to swerve to hit that carcass. I hit my brakes to increase the distance to avoid the outcome.
Sure enough, purposely swerved, hit that thing and I kid you not, I could see the cloud released and watched as it enveloped the truck and into the cabs open windows.
Sometimes I like the fact the I am one of those individuals that suffers from specific anosmia. I can't smell skunk!

The best advice my Grandfather ever gave me

You will never know what you cant do till you don't do it
I was once working on a firework display in Southern Georgia. The show was intended to be computer fired and synced to music. As it was building up to the finale some cakes caught on fire in a place we couldn't get to quick enough with water cans and the wire lead for the FireOne burned up which stopped the signal to all of the modules, thus stopping the show.

I was near several angled V shaped racks of 5" shells and crawled on the ground, lighting the leaders as fast as I could to make the beat finale we could. A couple other shooters did the same but had smaller shells and straight up racks. The crowd still cheered and the sponsor was still happy.

Usually when we handlight shells, racks are either straight up or if angled, angled away from you. You crouch down a little and shells whizz by your shoulder. These angles were toward me, which is why I had to crawl and the shells were flying over my head. When everything was over, the boss said it looked good and thanked us for doing our best to save the show. I told him I wasn't real comfortable with the shells flying that close over my head and probably wouldn't do that again. He said "well why did you it then? You offered?" My only reply was I hadn't done that before and didn't know I wouldn't like it.

Last edited:
" A trophy of a lifetime"
I wrote this article many years ago, it got published in Peterson Bowhunting World. It was about my son getting his first bear and what we went through to get it. It was about my trophy of a lifetime, and that was the look on my son's face coming out of the woods. I did not even need to be told, I knew he had one.

Latest posts

Back