Good news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been a bunch of things going on in our local family life that aren't ideal (unrelated to COVID, thankfully).

Having said that, I'm going to visit a shop tomorrow 2-3 hours away to learn about what they do and how it can improve a project my brother is working on. It should be technically challenging and I'm looking forward to listening to the radio a bit on the road, learning a lot of stuff on-site and developing a relationship with a likely vendor to move a program forward. I enjoy these kinds of trips and this one is fairly local, so no airport etc. to deal with, just good common-sense road hygiene.

I expect to meet some new friends tomorrow.

Not a bad way to enter the Thanksgiving week as far as I'm concerned.

Sandy.

My wife finishes her Master’s of Library Science in a few weeks, and with a 4.0 all but assured at this point. She also has an elementary librarian job in our school district waiting for her to start in Jan.

I had not appreciated the full scope of what librarians do. I can’t believe the amount of web design, multimedia training and even programming that she had to do.

Kidney stone removal on hold till after the holiday season. It is nice to hear of new people getting started in rocketry !

While I was in hospital I had my trailer remodeled and now I am having fun digging through boxes locating things 🤪

To one and all have a happy and safe holiday season with many more to follow

Bobby Hamill

The end of our season ended much better than the beginning. We lost launches due to fire bans, but got some great launches in during fall, ending with beautiful conditions at our Nov launch. Flew an old club project on an M motor, saw a new CAR/ACF altitude record with an I motor, a new CAR level 3 cert. Fun way to end a season and go into winter build mode!

My blood pressure went crazy in late October. Today, my pressure is stable and "within normal range" (on meds that I will taper off of as I gain fitness).

I am expecting my second grand-baby from my #1 son and his wife in February.
I am expecting TWIN grand-babies from my #2 son and his wife (hopefully in January, full term, but could be ANY time now). <--- These are miracle babies!!! TYJ!!

I am blessed beyond words, and way, WAY more than I deserve!

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! (My birthday this year!) :D

Last edited:
After restarting nursing school three times, and retaking the state licensing exam several times, our daughter is officially a Registered Nurse. Today is her first official "in-person" day of employment at her dream job in the NICU of Akron Children's Hospital. It's been a long and difficult road, but her persistence and dedication paid off. We're super proud parents.

Didn't get a huge buck during the WI gun deer opener (passed up many too small to go on the wall), but I spent three days in the woods with my 11yo son watching the wildlife and enjoying nature. Got to observe owls, hawks, eagles, squirrels, rabbits, turkeys, coyotes, countless other birds, and of course, deer.

This is a good thread, BTW :)

My BP went crazy in late October. Today, my BP is stable and "within normal range" (on meds that I will taper off of as I gain fitness).

I am expecting my second grand-baby from my #1 son and his wife in February.
I am expecting TWIN grand-babies from my #2 son and his wife (hopefully in January, full term, but could be ANY time now). <--- These are miracle babies!!! TYJ!!

I am blessed beyond words, and way, WAY more than I deserve!

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! (My birthday this year!) :D
Took me a minute to understand this post. Around here "BP" is black powder......

I AM EMPTY NESTING AND ITS BEAUTIFUL
My youngest just told us that she's not planning on staying at home after her first year of college. She's looking at getting a job in the same town as her university and living up there. We're not fully empty nest yet (in fact, she's home this week for the break), but we're close and it's really nice.

my beloved and I recovered from Covid. it very nearly killed both of us. in the months since, we've learned just how miraculously God intervened on our behalf, from medical foul ups to outstanding support staff. we are truly blessed.

this will be the first Thanksgiving post Covid, the kids moved out this year but one will be coming with a friend. having been out of a job since Covid, I'm still truly grateful for yes, even Covid. your priorities tend to get a bit more focused. even if we only have mac-n-cheese on the table, I will be truly grateful for that mac-n-cheese.

oh, and I just found another kit to build that was buried under my train layout...sweet.

Back